(ot) Interesting comments about GW in DC

zow2

I think BBs rep was also hurt by his flip-flop on the NYJ HC job when he said he woukd take it and soon after said he would not.  Both the Cleveland failure and this episode were part of the learning process for BB which helped make him the great HC he is today.  Even still, though he is a great HC, everyone needs luck to win. The gift of the refs cal in the snow on Brady's fumble/pass, and his players stepping up after BB mismanaged the Milloy situation last year and the TEAM suffered some grievous injuries were huge factors in his success along with him being a great HC and having Scott Pioli's help.

76005[/snapback]

That's true - I've always said you can't underestimate the cheeseness of that Oakland game. If the refs didn't blow it, BB would have 1 ring just like a million other coaches; and they would've lost to a California team in the snow to boot.

I think BBs rep was also hurt by his flip-flop on the NYJ HC job when he said he woukd take it and soon after said he would not.  Both the Cleveland failure and this episode were part of the learning process for BB which helped make him the great HC he is today.  Even still, though he is a great HC, everyone needs luck to win. The gift of the refs cal in the snow on Brady's fumble/pass, and his players stepping up after BB mismanaged the Milloy situation last year and the TEAM suffered some grievous injuries were huge factors in his success along with him being a great HC and having Scott Pioli's help.

76005[/snapback]

It's quite possible that my memory is shot, but I thought Belichek NEVER accepted the NYJ job, they just assumed he would take it when the opportunity came up. I'm not a big BB supporter, but I don't remember him looking too bad after that one.