Congressional ratings : Rasmussen poll

The digression on climate change has probably run its cours, but I just want to point out a news bit that happened over night:

The G-8 nations (including the US) apparently agreed (in the sense of a joint photo-op statement) to at least halve CO2 emissions by 2050. Less ballyhood was that China and India clarified their positions at the meeting: they flatly reject any measures that apply to them. So even if by some miracle the G-8 accomplishes its goals, the reductions will be wiped out as the developing economies continue to grow. (I think China has already surpassed the US as an emitter.)

Absent herculean political leadership, nothing is going to change.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone is keeping score, Senate just voted 69-28 to approve the "wiretapping bill." A change is certainly in the air. I didn't know there were 69 R's in the Senate.

In case anyone is keeping score, Senate just voted 69-28 to approve the "wiretapping bill." A change is certainly in the air. I didn't know there were 69 R's in the Senate.

The 28 nays must have safe seats. Or they correctly played the odds of passage, comfortable in their No vote. My guess is that it must have been an unusually "clean" bill, not loaded up with the usual ton of pork and earmarks.

Either way, a win for them. The Yeas get to say how they voted to protect America. The number of Nays get to say that they fought against onerous add-ons (i.e - not their own).

I despise the 17th Amendment. These curs should have been confined to what the Founding Fathers advocated, instead of sticking their noses into the national scene.

A 100 patricians, powerful beyond sense, perpetuated by an electorate that is currently well-displayed on Leno's ""Jay Walking".