RIP

Comedian George Carlin has passed.

His political insights will be missed.

RIP George.

I'm surprised your mention of Mr. Carlin's passing hasn't drawn more response but the man was (FCC Censored) brilliant. I've been known to quote him once or twice on these boards. He was my favorite comic of the era I grew up in (70's) eclipsing Pryor and Martin not so much for the shock value but the valuable insights into the minute details of the human condition. I mean who hasn't petted a cat and watched his/her hind quarters shoot up in the air ("musta pressed the ass button"), or warbled a tune at the dinner table (sung lounge style: "I'm standing at the table during dinner singing and it isn't even covered by your rules"), or gone to a Supermarket half baked looking for the right cookies (where the hell are the Mallomars?!?).

His influence in that respect cannot be denied. Politically he pissed off both cons and libs...especially feminists...starred in a few movies (anybody remember Car Wash or Dogma-winking Jesus?) did some good work for kids on his train PBS series but like I said before he was amazing pointing out the little things we hippy dippy weathermen miss.

For some of us his passing is much more meaningful than Tim Russert.

If there is a better sports comic moment (ok...outside of the legendary "who's on first") it has gotta be Carlin's Football vs baseball.

I'm surprised your mention of Mr. Carlin's passing hasn't drawn more response but the man was (FCC Censored) brilliant. I've been known to quote him once or twice on these boards. He was my favorite comic of the era I grew up in (70's) eclipsing Pryor and Martin not so much for the shock value but the valuable insights into the minute details of the human condition. I mean who hasn't petted a cat and watched his/her hind quarters shoot up in the air ("musta pressed the ass button"), or warbled a tune at the dinner table (sung lounge style: "I'm standing at the table during dinner singing and it isn't even covered by your rules"), or gone to a Supermarket half baked looking for the right cookies (where the hell are the Mallomars?!?).

His influence in that respect cannot be denied. Politically he pissed off both cons and libs...especially feminists...starred in a few movies (anybody remember Car Wash or Dogma-winking Jesus?) did some good work for kids on his train PBS series but like I said before he was amazing pointing out the little things we hippy dippy weathermen miss.

For some of us his passing is much more meaningful than Tim Russert.

If there is a better sports comic moment (ok...outside of the legendary "who's on first") it has gotta be Carlin's Football vs baseball.

He made us think and question. Thanks for the recap. Good stuff.

There is probably not a lot of talk about Carlin here because there is a fairly long thread "Off the Wall".

I was surprised there has not been more reaction in general. I guess Carlin meant a lot more to ME with his irreverant humor than I realized.

I will miss his odd way of looking at everyday things.