(OT) Photo negatives to digital pictures?

Fezmid

I know there's plenty of sites that you can send a digital picture to and have a print made. Are there any sites (or physical locations) where I can give them a slide and they'll make digital pictures for me? Anyone tried anything like that before?

CW

Try Snapfish.com

73131[/snapback]

I checked Snapfish and Winkflash, but didn't sae the service offered...

Looking at Motophoto now.

EDIT: I don't see motophoto having that option either...

CW

I just take them to my local camera shop. They do a good job transfering slides to digital.

73905[/snapback]

How much do they charge?

I found a few places online that convert negatives to digital, but they charge between 50 cents and $1 for EACH FRAME. With the amount of film I want to convert, I'd be better off buying my own film scanner I think. I started a thread in the consumer forums:

http://205.134.161.85/forums/index.php?showtopic=6697

CW

How much do they charge?

I found a few places online that convert negatives to digital, but they charge between 50 cents and $1 for EACH FRAME.  With the amount of film I want to convert, I'd be better off buying my own film scanner I think.  I started a thread in the consumer forums:

http://205.134.161.85/forums/index.php?showtopic=6697

CW

73933[/snapback]

Well, it has been a little while, but I remember costs being in that range.

As you stated, if you are doing a lot of this, it would be better to get your own scanner. If you want recommendations, I can look through my photo magazines for reviews.

Let not your heart be troubled my dear Fezmid. there are plenty of scanners available.... even for less than 100 bucks that you can purchase.... staples, walmart, etc. that have the capaqbility to scan negatives and slides. HP is a decent one for under $100.

The one thing you want to do if you scan any negatives or slides is to scan them at 1200 DPI because they're so small. However, get ready to touch them up in Adobe Photoshop or other, because you won't believe the number of artifacts that show up in the photo when it's blown up to where you can actually see every detail.

good luck