Whoever you are: thanks!

Not long ago I mentioned that I was looking for a house and had been preapproved for a loan at 5.75 percent. Someone mentioned that with mortgage loans "every percentage point counts." This comment inspired me to look for a lower rate. I was able to find a program for first time homebuyers (with good credit) at the rate of 5.37 percent -- NO POINTS!

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding houses in my price range, because they are snapped up immediately. And with houses slightly above my price range, it's difficult to negotiate, because sellers want and can get their full asking price. It truly is a seller's market out there.

Anyway, next time I make a major decision, I am going to ask myself WWBFD -- What Would Bills Fans Do? :D *

* Note: I meant this remark to be humorous -- I hope I didn't offend anyone's religious beliefs.

Not long ago I mentioned that I was looking for a house and had been preapproved for a loan at 5.75 percent.  Someone mentioned that with mortgage loans "every percentage point counts."  This comment inspired me to look for a lower rate.  I was able to find a program for first time homebuyers (with good credit) at the rate of 5.37 percent -- NO POINTS!

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding houses in my price range, because they are snapped up immediately.  And with houses slightly above my price range, it's difficult to negotiate, because sellers want and can get their full asking price.  It truly is a seller's market out there.

Anyway, next time I make a major decision, I am going to ask myself WWBFD -- What Would Bills Fans Do? :D *

* Note:  I meant this remark to be humorous -- I hope I didn't offend anyone's religious beliefs.

72743[/snapback]

Melissa that is great! Good job. With the pre-approval in hand you will be in the best position to move when that perfect place comes up.

The next thing to look at is why you're missing out. I wonder if you need to hound your agent more? Or perhaps get a different agent who's going to be more aggressive on your behalf?

Good luck!