CNNSI.com: Bills will be tough in 2008

D_House

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ings/index.html

4. The Bills are a team to watch in 2008

Buffalo has been quiet but productive in the offseason. It made a trade adding Marcus Stroud to the defensive front, providing some much needed size. The Bills signed a versatile linebacker in Kawika Mitchell from the Giants. And in the draft they added top cornerback Leodis McKelvin, who will also help out in the return game, and big wide receiver James Hardy, who will complement speedsters Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish.

But what really makes the Bills' potential off the charts is the return of linebacker Paul Posluszny, among others, to the 53-man roster. Posluszny, a first-round pick in 2007, joined 11 other Bills last year on injured reserve. The Bills weren't all that far off last season, finishing 7-9 but playing hard in every game.

You better believe the Patriots are paying attention. The Bills are healthy, they have added size to their defense and they keep adding players who impact the kicking game. With all the attention being paid to the Miami Dolphins' new regime and the Jets' spending in free agency, I think the Bills have flown under the hype radar in the AFC East and are in position to challenge for a playoff spot in 2008.

Of course it's the offseason, and I'm optimisitic just about every offseason, but I don't think this guy is too far off. The major question will be Stroud's health. If he's back to near 100%, I can't see how the D-line isn't immensely improved. The DB depth gives Buffalo something to try to answer the Patriot's attack with, and will hopefully serve to maintain continuity on special teams. And lastly, Edwards has that end zone threat we've all been clamoring for.

nice post. Its nice to read something possitive about the bills in the national media. However the guy did say Poz was a 1st rounder which is obviously untrue. But it was a optimistic read. I personally am most worried about Trent. The bills will only be as good as the QB. I'm not saying JP is better, but I am glad he is still on the team as a semi-compitent back-up. Trent must continue to show signs of improvement as he now has a big possession reciever and read zone threat which should help. And he better improve in the cold or we are just spinning out tires.

nice post. Its nice to read something possitive about the bills in the national media. However the guy did say Poz was a 1st rounder which is obviously untrue. But it was a optimistic read. I personally am most worried about Trent. The bills will only be as good as the QB. I'm not saying JP is better, but I am glad he is still on the team as a semi-compitent back-up. Trent must continue to show signs of improvement as he now has a big possession reciever and read zone threat which should help. And he better improve in the cold or we are just spinning out tires.

good post :beer:

Nice to see someone give the Bills a positive spin instead of focusing on what they didn't do/should've done.

The continual influx of CBs told me they're looking for the best possible guys to defend Moss, Welker, et al.

I'm not blown away by the overall group of guys they drafted, but I'm not upset with it at all.