Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State

This guy has great instincts and great ball skills, does not have elite speed but is great when he has the play in front of him and that is what our defense is all about......what do you guys think about drafting him in the 3rd......sounds good to me!

That's what our defense is about oh, roughly 25% of the time. Not sure he's the guy I want the other 75% of the time considering our first goal has to be to beat NE to win the division and since they use the spread exclusively we are NEVER in the cover-2 against them. See how easy it is to take a team out of it's preferred coverage schemes? We all saw what they did to use last year.

GO BILLS!!!

This guy has great instincts and great ball skills, does not have elite speed but is great when he has the play in front of him and that is what our defense is all about......what do you guys think about drafting him in the 3rd......sounds good to me!

We don't use the Tampa 2 defense all the time. He might not be a good fit because we mainly play the 4-3 defense.

Id rather take Zack Bowman in the later rounds....both should be taken arround the same time round 6 or 7 but I like Zack better..

Lowery - Late rounder

Strengths:

Very good size and bulk with long arms...Smooth athlete..Excellent hands and ball skills...Good leaper...Great instincts and awareness...Dangerous when he has the ball...Has a great football IQ...Real productive..Hard worker with good intangibles.

Weaknesses:

Doesn't have very good speed and lacks a burst to recover...Is not fluid when he has to flip his hips...Does not have quick feet...Isn't real strong or physical...Not a great tackler...Has trouble in man coverage...Average versus the run..Needs some technique work...Not an ideal fit for every team...Only two years of DI experience.

Notes:

JUCO transfer from Cabrillo College...Was named to multiple All-American lists as a junior...Had a huge first season for the Spartans in '06 which led to him becoming a little overrated as a pro prospect...A nice player who can make it under the right circumstances..Prototypical zone cornerback who is a playmaker in the secondary.

Zack Bowman - Late rounder

Strengths:

Has good size and a solid frame with long arms...Decent timed speed...Very good athlete...Physical and aggressive at the line...Excellent ball skills and pretty good hands...Does a nice job against the run...Good special teamer...Has some upside.

Weaknesses:

Health and durability are major concerns...Does not have much experience...Very raw and needs to refine his technique and footwork...A marginal tackler...Average awareness and instincts...Will he ever play like he did pre-injury?...Big bust factor.

Notes:

A native of Anchorage, Alaska...Only played in 22 Division I games in college with just 9 starts...Was one of the top JUCO prospects in the nation prior to arriving in Lincoln...Redshirted in 2006 after tearing his left ACL during fall practice...Seriously considered entering the 2007 NFL Draft, even though he had not played in over a year, before ultimately heading back to school for his senior season..Tore his right patellar tendon during spring practice in 2007...Has all the physical tools you look for, at least he did before all the injuries hit..If he can get back to where he was a couple of years ago some team could get a 1st round talent late in the draft...Low Risk / High Reward, Boom or Bust type who just might be worth taking a flyer on.