Some interesting insights on draft prospects, team needs,

On Sirius radio today Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan interviewed Limas Sweed ( what a great name that is) and this kid is well grounded. Tampa is very interested in him and it wouldn't surprise me if that's where he goes in the draft. They brought up an interesting point about these big WRs (6'2"+). That it might take longer for them to get off the LOS because of their size but look for their top end speed. That's where the difference is for them being successful at the next level. How many times did teams get caught up in the underwear football stats and passed up a real football player?

They also were saying that Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis are running a close neck-to-neck race as far as who the higher rated DT is. They both agreed that with either of their physical build that they are more suited to play in a 4-3 defense and that it's ridiculous for anyone to speculate that a 3-4 team would be interested in either of them.

Later in the day Tim Hasselback wasn't too impressed with DeSean Jackson but is with Early Doucet. He said Doucet is a flat out football player and does everything right. He said that he should be there in the 2nd rd and you can throw out the 40 time and be more concerned about what's under the pads and helmet.

Pat Kirwan's mock draft has the Saints (#10) trading up in the 1st rd with New England at #7 and taking DT Sedrick Ellis, the Bengals taking DE Derrick Harvey at #9 and Buffalo with the 11th pick taking WR Malcomb Kelly. He also has the Raiders (#4) and Jets (36) swapping draft positions so the Jets can trump the Patriots and take DE Vernon Ghoulston, thus prompting New England to trade back with the Saints. The Raiders still wind up with RB Darren McFadden and the Patriots with CB Leodis McKelvin.

In contrast to Kirwan's prognostications is the Bengals beat reporter Chuck Ludwig says he's "absolutely, positively convinced" that the team will use its first-round pick on an offensive tackle. The Bengals are said to be worried about Levi Jones' knees. I would rather have this scenario unfold and allow a blue chip defensive player slide down abit to Buffalo.

MLive is also jumping in on the Derrick Harvey sweepstakes and states that if Harvey is there at the #15 slot that the Lions will select him with their first pick but Harvey might be well gone by then, some think as early as the #7 slot to New England. It's hard to get an accurate bead on just where this guy will going and to who.

There are two major scouting agencies that the bulk of the league uses. Click on the following link and it will give a great understanding on scouting and the Combine.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/features/blesto.cfm

On Sirius radio today Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan interviewed Limas Sweed ( what a great name that is) and this kid is well grounded. Tampa is very interested in him and it wouldn't surprise me if that's where he goes in the draft. They brought up an interesting point about these big WRs (6'2"+). That it might take longer for them to get off the LOS because of their size but look for their top end speed. That's where the difference is for them being successful at the next level. How many times did teams get caught up in the underwear football stats and passed up a real football player?

They also were saying that Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis are running a close neck-to-neck race as far as who the higher rated DT is. They both agreed that with either of their physical build that they are more suited to play in a 4-3 defense and that it's ridiculous for anyone to speculate that a 3-4 team would be interested in either of them.

Later in the day Tim Hasselback wasn't too impressed with DeSean Jackson but is with Early Doucet. He said Doucet is a flat out football player and does everything right. He said that he should be there in the 2nd rd and you can throw out the 40 time and be more concerned about what's under the pads and helmet.

Pat Kirwan's mock draft has the Saints (#10) trading up in the 1st rd with New England at #7 and taking DT Sedrick Ellis, the Bengals taking DE Derrick Harvey at #9 and Buffalo with the 11th pick taking WR Malcomb Kelly. He also has the Raiders (#4) and Jets (36) swapping draft positions so the Jets can trump the Patriots and take DE Vernon Ghoulston, thus prompting New England to trade back with the Saints. The Raiders still wind up with RB Darren McFadden and the Patriots with CB Leodis McKelvin.

In contrast to Kirwan's prognostications is the Bengals beat reporter Chuck Ludwig says he's "absolutely, positively convinced" that the team will use its first-round pick on an offensive tackle. The Bengals are said to be worried about Levi Jones' knees. I would rather have this scenario unfold and allow a blue chip defensive player slide down abit to Buffalo.

MLive is also jumping in on the Derrick Harvey sweepstakes and states that if Harvey is there at the #15 slot that the Lions will select him with their first pick but Harvey might be well gone by then, some think as early as the #7 slot to New England. It's hard to get an accurate bead on just where this guy will going and to who.

There are two major scouting agencies that the bulk of the league uses. Click on the following link and it will give a great understanding on scouting and the Combine.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/features/blesto.cfm

Had he not been injured early in the year, he would be the first receicer taken IMO.

After listening to all of the back and forth about who to draft, watching endless clips, and looking at various websites I've decided that this is how I would hope our draft to go. (assuming we don't trade down, which I prefer)

1. Derrick Harvey. Takes our D line from goos to great, Kelsey/ Denny would be great backups to keep the starters fresh.

2. Early Doucet/Devin Thomas. I'de take Doucet first, but like Thomas as well. We NEED a good #2 WR and I would be happy with either of the two.

3. Martellus Bennett (sp?)/ best remaining TE. I would love to land Fred Davis in round 2, but doubt he will last that long.

4. Owen Schmidt. I know some people are tired of seeing his name in mocks, but FB is a position of need and we are a run first team. Why not get the best FB in the draft?

The rest of the picks i would use for special teamers.