Excerpt from NFL Live

They asked which departing running back's former team is hurt the most by the loss this season.

Michael Smith responded by saying that "it can't be Buffalo because they don't have a running back yet."

Here I thought A-Train had a pretty good year last season. I hope he was watching that because hopefully he would take it to heart and use it as motivation. I expect a big year out of him, with or without Michael Turner.

But anyways I saw that and it gave me a laugh so I thought you might find it noteworthy.

Go Bills

They asked which departing running back's former team is hurt the most by the loss this season.

Michael Smith responded by saying that "it can't be Buffalo because they don't have a running back yet."

Here I thought A-Train had a pretty good year last season. I hope he was watching that because hopefully he would take it to heart and use it as motivation. I expect a big year out of him, with or without Michael Turner.

But anyways I saw that and it gave me a laugh so I thought you might find it noteworthy.

Go Bills

i don't understand...i thought Smith would say it WAS Buffalo after reading his earlier columns about the McGahee loss. Is there a misspelling above? The post doesn't make sense....

When did Michael Smith become an NFL expert? Wasn't he a local sports guy in Boston til he started going on "Around the Horn"? All he does is regurgitate rumors from online sites (like PFT, KFFL, etc) and give his crappy opinions.

Go Bills

A-Train did have an excellent year for him last year as he was finally able to dress for all 16 games for the 1st time in his career. He showed that he could be a very good number 2 as he both showed production as a pass catcher which WM did not and also most importantly when our #1 RB got dinged and went out he gained over or around 100 yards as the reserve and filled in nicely.

I was very impressed with A-Train's work and many football minds were fooled by him and Dick Jauron's faith in going with him as our #2 was paid back in production.

However, as impressed as I was with A-Train's effort as a number 2 I am not foolish enough to think that he is a credible option to be our #1 RB, He has not gained 1000 yards in a season since the one time he did it for the Bears back in 2003. Even then he showed the impacts that the pounding a go-to RB experiences as he was only able to start 13 games.

Having A-Train start for the Bills only remotely makes sense if you haave an A. Thomas as his back-up. Even if that proves to be the case, you are still left with a situation where the best he has ever produced as a Pro was back in 03 when he produced McGahee type numbers which just about everyone agrees were unsatisfactory for a lead RB.

Add to that he will actually cross over to the wrong side of 30 for an athlete at midseason and going with A-Train as our starting RB is so unlikely to workout well for us this is not a real option.

A-Train did have an excellent year for him last year as he was finally able to dress for all 16 games for the 1st time in his career. He showed that he could be a very good number 2 as he both showed production as a pass catcher which WM did not and also most importantly when our #1 RB got dinged and went out he gained over or around 100 yards as the reserve and filled in nicely.

I was very impressed with A-Train's work and many football minds were fooled by him and Dick Jauron's faith in going with him as our #2 was paid back in production.

However, as impressed as I was with A-Train's effort as a number 2 I am not foolish enough to think that he is a credible option to be our #1 RB, He has not gained 1000 yards in a season since the one time he did it for the Bears back in 2003. Even then he showed the impacts that the pounding a go-to RB experiences as he was only able to start 13 games.

Having A-Train start for the Bills only remotely makes sense if you haave an A. Thomas as his back-up. Even if that proves to be the case, you are still left with a situation where the best he has ever produced as a Pro was back in 03 when he produced McGahee type numbers which just about everyone agrees were unsatisfactory for a lead RB.

Add to that he will actually cross over to the wrong side of 30 for an athlete at midseason and going with A-Train as our starting RB is so unlikely to workout well for us this is not a real option.

Is it a moot point that A-Train was once the offensive rookie of the year or do people consciously AND unconsciously forget that?

He has not gained 1000 yards in a season since the one time he did it for the Bears back in 2003. Even then he showed the impacts that the pounding a go-to RB experiences as he was only able to start 13 games.

To be fair the last time A-train grabbed that 1,000 season is when he was a starter.

So one could say that A-train could be a 1,000 yard back again if he was a starter.