Use the draft picks to move up for AP, not trade for MT

If we are going to give up draft picks to trade for an RB, I's rather us use those picks to trade up and get Adrian Peterson. Personally, I think he much more talented than Turner and, is younger than Turner and would likely have a similar salary.

If we are going to give up draft picks to trade for an RB, I's rather us use those picks to trade up and get Adrian Peterson. Personally, I think he much more talented than Turner and, is younger than Turner and would likely have a similar salary.

I agree with you up until the salary... AP is going to demand a much higer salary as a top 12 pick than Turner would. What I like about Turner is he's already had time to adjust to the league and is showing he is capable as a NFL RB. AP has yet to play a down and is an injury concern, but he is one of the better RB prospects of the past 5 years so its going to make things interesting. Either way I'm going to be happy with whoever we pick up, but we're not going to get either until draft day.

Our 1st (1200) and 3rd (220) = 1420 points for Michael Turner.

To trade up to 7th (1700)(to get ahead of the falcons and draft AD) we have to trade our 1st (1200), and both 3rds (352). In return, we would receive the Vikings' 1st (1500) 5th (37.5) and 7th (11.8)

Which one do you like better?

I don't think you understand. We are supposed to trade back thus developing Depth, which in turn gives us great special teams. Of course, great special teams are needed since without outstanding players, the kickoff return and punt coverage teams will get alot of playing time. :thumbsup:

I like Turner for our second pick if there is a reasonable extension.

I am highly in favor of trading up for either of our top two choices. Our needs to get a quality LB and a quality RB overshadow everything else. I might be dreaming, but it seems like most other positions already have some depth, and other than adding a corner with a third or fourth, I'm happy to trade up. So I'm very happy having only three day 1 picks if it gets us in better position to draft two high impact players.

I don't want us to reach anywhere based on need, but I think that the success of this draft is how well we get impact players at LB and RB and achieving those goals in the best smartest value way outweighs depth. Best of both worlds is great too, but we don't need six starters to come out of this draft. We need two good starters, and whatever else we can get.