Do you like the trade Marv made with Philadelphia?

Spikes/Holcumb for Walker  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the trade?

• Yes
    • No

Obviously management/coaches feel that Ellison is ready to become a full time starter and be more effective than Spikes considering the Tampa 2 scheme that we play on D. In return, we get a viable starter at a position where we needed to get better considering the fact that we were awful against the run last year. This will allow us to draft the best player available at #12.

Initially I thought we gave up more than what we got in return, but I was just speaking with a coworker who's a big longtime Eagle fan and he said in his opinion we got a really good player in Walker. In fact he said he considered him their best D-lineman. So I'm feeling a little better about this trade.

I'm still pulling for Spikes to recover and be productive, but I think the deal definitely shored us up in an area of need and we have three pretty good young linebackers. I see us upgrading the backers and maybe a corner in the draft and being even better as an overall defense than last year. On offense, a running back and maybe a wideout...Lots of opportunities for us to improve even more on draft day.