Redskins and Bears Trade?

VRWC

The Redskins and Bears have already made one trade this off-season, sending Adam Archuleta from Washington to Chicago. But a much bigger move between the teams might be coming: Fox Sports is reporting that the Redskins are looking to acquire Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, the free agent who has expressed anger that the team restricted his movement by placing the franchise player tag on him.

If the Redskins get their way, they would swap first-round draft picks with the Bears, giving up their own No. 6 overall pick and getting Chicago's No. 31, and add Briggs in the exchange. Briggs and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have already discussed a contract with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder.

It's not clear whether the Bears are interested in such a trade, but Briggs has been so adamant that he wants out of Chicago that the Bears might be more willing to consider it than they have previously indicated. If they moved up to the sixth overall pick, they'd likely be looking to add a playmaker to last year's woeful offense. Losing Briggs would hurt, but if the Bears could add someone who would turn their offense around immediately, it might be a trade that works for both teams.

The Redskins and Bears have already made one trade this off-season, sending Adam Archuleta from Washington to Chicago. But a much bigger move between the teams might be coming: Fox Sports is reporting that the Redskins are looking to acquire Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, the free agent who has expressed anger that the team restricted his movement by placing the franchise player tag on him.

If the Redskins get their way, they would swap first-round draft picks with the Bears, giving up their own No. 6 overall pick and getting Chicago's No. 31, and add Briggs in the exchange. Briggs and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have already discussed a contract with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder.

It's not clear whether the Bears are interested in such a trade, but Briggs has been so adamant that he wants out of Chicago that the Bears might be more willing to consider it than they have previously indicated. If they moved up to the sixth overall pick, they'd likely be looking to add a playmaker to last year's woeful offense. Losing Briggs would hurt, but if the Bears could add someone who would turn their offense around immediately, it might be a trade that works for both teams.

I think the Bears would be more likely to get Quinn then Peterson. They don't really have a need for a RB, but getting rid of Grossman would have the fans building statues in honor of the Bears GM right now

I think the Bears would be more likely to get Quinn then Peterson. They don't really have a need for a RB, but getting rid of Grossman would have the fans building statues in honor of the Bears GM right now

I never thought of that, but you might be right. I was more interested in how it might affect the Bills selection in the first. A lot of things can still happen before draft day.

Quinn maybe. Peterson no. They have high regard for their current back Benson. I could see them picking an LB considering thats why they are trading off.

Quinn maybe. Peterson no. They have high regard for their current back Benson. I could see them picking an LB considering thats why they are trading off.

Exactly, if the Bears wanted to move to #6, they would probably go for a QB or LB first, before a RB. They like Benson, no one likes Grossman, and they are losing a LB so I doubt they go RB

This would still affect the Bills because chances are Willis would be off the board by #6 then, and then if SF is really interested in a LB (since most think thats where Willis will end up) they may reach and take Poz at #11. But this cold help Buffalo cause Washington could have taken Okoye if they stay at #6, so he could fall, along with Peterson. Although i doubt the Bills go Okoye because they are starting to become overloaded with DT's and then be thin at RB and LB

I would almost say thers about a 95% chance Buffalo goes RB/LB with #12, with the other 5% being CB

I know a couple of Bears fans.

From what some are saying they have the ammo to go up and get CJ if he is still on the board at #3. Grossman is not as hated as some think in Bears nation. They make big time excuses for him and most fans that I know are willing to give him one more full season to see if he can make the jump.

Some are saying the Bears may stay put and draft Okoye because Tommie Harris (another Rosenhouse player) will be a FA at the end of the season and the Bears can be pretty cheap with there players. So taking Okoye could be the writing on the wall for Harris even though all Bears fans want him back.

Patrick Willis is also a name being thrown around Chicago right now. Its a very good chance he will be gone with the Bears pick. He will not be on the board for Buffalo. So fans better be prepared with that and stop with these Willis posts.

Peterson will not be drafted by the Bears. They love Benson and the other Adrian Peterson that is already on there team is a good second option whom plays good special teams.

I heard on NFL radio a few weeks ago that the Bears were really high on Greg Olsen, TE from Miami...I would assume if that was the case that he would be the guy they would take if this trade happens

I heard on NFL radio a few weeks ago that the Bears were really high on Greg Olsen, TE from Miami...I would assume if that was the case that he would be the guy they would take if this trade happens

I doubt it.

No way does Olson go that high. Mid 1st round and thats pushing it. Olson is nothing special. Workout warrior and good combine numbers have hyped him up.

Besides Desmond Clark was a machine out there for them. Very good run blocker and when Grossman could actually get a pass to him in the beginning of the year he was scoring TDs.