Be Careful what you wish for...

But if Peterson is available and the Bills scouts have him rated a lot higher overall than a LB or DT that is available, they need to take him IMO, and they should.

Fine... if that's how it shakes out. Regardless, the Bills have to do the right thing with the #12.

But, like I stated, if a RB (Peterson or Lynch) is drafted at #12, the heat is on for him to perform... more so than any other position drafted. They will be penciled in to start from day one, unlike most other positions.

Since I'm somewhat superstious, and, you can't deny history... it happened... and with alarming consistency. The Bills are 1 for 10 with 1st rd. RBs in their 46 previous drafts, plus they selected @ #12 twice, laying eggs both times (Dokes & Hunter), the combo of #12 and a RB scares the bejeezes out of me. God, if there ain't a gifthorse staring at them when their #12 selection comes up, I say trade down and get the best value you can.

FYI... The Bills have a horrible track record of drafting first round running backs...

Juice... OK... no problem... but it took him 3 years to get untracked.

Terry Miller... one season wonder.

Greg Bell... Average, but he didn't like running between the tackles.

Ronnie Harmon... Below average... and he didn't like running between the tackles. either.

Antowain Smith... he was supposed to make us forget Thermal... I still can't.

Willis McGahee... supposed to be the 2nd coming of juice. Someone made a miscalculation... he as the 2nd coming of Greg Bell.

That's a miserable track record. 1 for 6 since 69?

Three 2nd rounders fared better... Joe Cribbs, Thurman Thomas, & Travis Henry.

Moral of the story... draft smart. If you're going to use a 1st rd. pick on a RB, A) you better be a damn good team loaded with talent and can afford to be wrong, or B) You better be dead on right... especially if you're a rebuilding team, because if you're wrong, it will set you back 2-4 years.

That was a terrible insult to Greg Bell :rolleyes:

Once again another stupid post about what has happened inthe past...I guess we should never draft anyone in the 1st round again because somewhere along the line, someone didn't pan out! We should get rid of all of our draft picks just in case they don't work out.....

Go Bills!

just because thats what has happened in the past doesn't necessarily mean its destined to happen in the future.. but your right i think marv would rather pull the trigger on a RB in the second round... id love to see lynch in a buff uni though.

Why doesn't someone tell me the position that is bust proof for the first round? QB bust - um Oline wait bust- DT bust bust bust, LB busty bust bust, WR whole lot of bust, CB bust , DE isn't Courtney Brown the greatest no he's a bust- Can anyone think of a safety or TE that was a total first round bust I can't off hand but I'm sure there was.

tony hunter TE drafted 12th by the Bills in'83 two spots in front of Kelly. 4 year career two with the bills 134 career catches, only 69 w/ the bills.

Tony Hunter