Okoye to visit Skins

jri111

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Amobi Okoye-DL- Player Mar. 13 - 11:16 am et

The Redskins will host a visit with Louisville DT Amobi Okoye this week.

Washington may be looking for defensive linemen at No. 6 overall. Okoye has added 15 pounds since the Senior Bowl and now weighs in at 302.

Man i really think this guy would be the perfect fit for use, the Warren Sapp type guy who would really make a dominante cover 2 defense(pretty much the guy that EVERY cover two team lacks right now to be good agaisnt the RUN and the Pass). It looks more and more like its becoming less likely though. He's either going to be taken before we pick at 12 or we may even pass on him if he is there. I think Levy wants to give the young guys from last year a chance. It seems like he sees LB and CB as larger needs than DT. I think this would be a mistake though... a guy like this, if he fulfills his potential, is something that doesn't come along every day. Kyle Williams and McCargo could become good, even great, but as long as we stick with the Cover 2 Def. I don't see either of them filling in that cog you need at the Nose that can both be an anchor agasint the run, but still enough pressure up the middle against the pass. I hope i'm wrong!

What gave you this idea?

Have you ever heard the poker term of "playing your cards close to your chest?" I meant exactly what i said. You can infer from his conduct, words, and actions, but that's only an inference. Unless he comes out and said "were not taking a DT in round 1" then you really don't know. Maybe they like Okoye but don't think he's going to be there. Maybe they think LB is a bigger need but they have Okoye ranked higher on their draft board then any LB.

Have you ever heard the poker term of "playing your cards close to your chest?" I meant exactly what i said. You can infer from his conduct, words, and actions, but that's only an inference. Unless he comes out and said "were not taking a DT in round 1" then you really don't know. Maybe they like Okoye but don't think he's going to be there. Maybe they think LB is a bigger need but they have Okoye ranked higher on their draft board then any LB.

But you said "it seems like" Marv wants CB/LB over DT. What makes it "seem" that way to you?