Why not this LB???

Giants | Team showing interest in Edwards

Thu, 8 Mar 2007 20:09:25 -0800

Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports the New York Giants have shown some interest in free agent LB Donnie Edwards (Chargers).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chargers | Edwards to move on

Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:28:35 -0800

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers LB Donnie Edwards will not re-sign with the team as a free agent. "We're not doing anything (with the Chargers)," said Tom Condon, Edwards' agent. "What Tom Condon told you is correct," general manager A.J. Smith said. "Donnie will not be part of the San Diego Chargers this year."

I'm sure he will carry a decent price tag but if it was an incentive laden contract with a decent guarentee of cash then it could be done.

He is a proven LB that is always a Pro Bowler and plays with a very high motor and dont get in trouble. (Marv guy)

Whatcha think?

Don't know enough to really say how feasible it is or how good a fit for us, but it certainly could be interesting. I think we will most likely add a LB and a RB free agent, and draft CB at #12. Not what I WANT to do, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone like this comes on from of the radar.

honestly, there is too much talent at LB in the draft this year. there are at least three absolute playmakers waiting to explode in the NFL. Marv knows this. i think RB and DB will be adressed in FA. Then the 1st rounder goes to LB and second to RB. 3rds go to CB and DT. way too much talent at LB to pass up. Of course, he could always do both, but dont expect a big time player to come in as a FA. We dont have the money.

honestly, there is too much talent at LB in the draft this year. there are at least three absolute playmakers waiting to explode in the NFL. Marv knows this. i think RB and DB will be adressed in FA. Then the 1st rounder goes to LB and second to RB. 3rds go to CB and DT. way too much talent at LB to pass up. Of course, he could always do both, but dont expect a big time player to come in as a FA. We dont have the money.

As we have seen with Willis today a contract can be structured for whatever and still be reasonable for both parties involved. On the other hand I don't doubt he will be too pricey.

Talent at the LB position in this years draft gives us what for Veteran leadership? Thats right it don't! D Edwards was the leader of a NASTY defense in SD. That is something that you cant get with a draftpick right away.