Pricey offseason for lots of teams

Wow. Yesterday I had mixed emotions about our signings. Happy with DD. Thought we overpaid for LW. Apparently the market is demanding that you grossly overpay for marginal talent - Case in point - The Pats offered Wes Welker a 7 year 38 million dollar deal. http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

I need to get used to the pay changes. Imagine what Lee Evans is going to make in 2 years! Go Bills.

Apparently the market is demanding that you grossly overpay for marginal talent - Case in point - The Pats offered Wes Welker a 7 year 38 million dollar deal.

The Pats were rumored to have been considering a poison pill in that offer. I would imagine that's why it's so long and so pricey. In reality, it's probably much more reasonable.

The Pats were rumored to have been considering a poison pill in that offer. I would imagine that's why it's so long and so pricey. In reality, it's probably much more reasonable.

Yes, there's really no reason to sign a RFA to an offer sheet unless you do something to make it difficult to match. The numbers don't mean much until you look at the first three years of the contract. That's the legitimate part of it.