It's very trying being a Bills fan

Thailog80

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Sir Winston Churchill

A wonderful quote, aussiew. I might have to put that one in my classroom!

I didn't feel depressed after the Jets game. I saw the future on 2 big plays, WM and Lee Evans, and felt good about it. It was cool seeing Losman hitting Evans on the helmet like he will time and again--perhaps in the near future.

I have the enthusiasm your quote speaks about.

Call me idealistic (imagine that :) ), but I think that Bills fans are different. We have never won the big prize, but we are still here, are we not? We will B word and moan, second guess professional coaches and GMs, but give up? Not ever.

65907[/snapback]

I am reminded of another Winston Churchill quote when thinking of my fellow Bills fans:

"Never give up. Never, never give up."

Thanks to aussiew for supplying the first Churchill quote of the day. :)

Mike

What is it about this franchise that drives me absolutely bat stevestojan? Please someone reassure me it will all be worth it someday. Every year I say " Maybe this year?" then they break my heart........I keep hoping but they kill me. Now this year with moderate hopes (8-8) I am already miserable from losing because of 0-4. Old ladies and school children walk on the other side of the street when they see my skowling mug coming, that used to be reserved for January. Damn this losing is eating me up.

65866[/snapback]

DONT MAKE ME PULL THIS MESSAGE BOARD OVER, YOUNG MAN!!! :):)

(hang tough my friend :huh: )

What is it about this franchise that drives me absolutely bat stevestojan? Please someone reassure me it will all be worth it someday. Every year I say " Maybe this year?" then they break my heart........I keep hoping but they kill me. Now this year with moderate hopes (8-8) I am already miserable from losing because of 0-4. Old ladies and school children walk on the other side of the street when they see my skowling mug coming, that used to be reserved for January. Damn this losing is eating me up.

65866[/snapback]

Deep down all of us believe it will be worth it some day, or we wouldn't waste our time. It HAS TO.

I'll admit I was skeptical a few years ago, but the 'Cuse national championship in hoops a couple years ago really restored my faith in sports and made me not believe in curses. You talk about heartbreak - they must've lost 6 overtime games in the Big Dance throughout the 80's-90's.