Plummer forcing Bronco's Hand

plummer has nothing to lose by retiring but can gain alot by threatening too.

He can tell the broncos where he wants to go and/or have his contract padded with extra dollars to accomadate the new team.

Plummer figures he paid his due in the league and isn't going to be thrown around like scrap heap. He will dictate where and when he's going; he's too old to move around like a gypsy.

I can't say that i blame his tactic.

He has tons to lose - like every future bit of earnings potential. He loses a portion of his signing bonus, he'll lose the balance of his contract. That's about $10 million according to the NFLPA's website. THat's a hell of a risk - considering the best he can get out of it is playing in Houston instead of Tampa.

maybe he wasn't folish like mcgee and lost alot of money. plummer may have invested his money and the thought of putting his bosy through another training camp season could just force him to walk away. If he's financially secure, it's the motivation that will get him through the training camp and season; if he doesn't have it then maybe a career ending injury (where he can't even walk as a civilian) might disway him.

If he' s financilly secure, it's his call if he comes back & where.

plummer has nothing to lose by retiring but can gain alot by threatening too.

He can tell the broncos where he wants to go and/or have his contract padded with extra dollars to accomadate the new team.

Plummer figures he paid his due in the league and isn't going to be thrown around like scrap heap. He will dictate where and when he's going; he's too old to move around like a gypsy.

I can't say that i blame his tactic.

Too bad for Plummer and the Bucs. I think Plummer is the kind of QB who would do really well in John Gruden's system. Look what Gruden did for Rich Gannon. Plummer isn't great, but can be effective.