Don't think small

Git'er Done

If Willis stays we have a #1 running back. And a #1 qb. And a #1 safety, (thank the football gods). We are READY!

What we need is a #1 Defensive Lineman, I'm thinking.

I didn't say just any first round running back will do. I don't think Willis is the right guy. But even if the defense is worse than last year and the offense takes off, the Bills will be better off.

Basically I think that the offense is fragile. It is the part of the team that needs to solidify, and you need a good running back. You HAVE to keep it going forward or there can be serious confidence problems.

If the defense is great but the offense sucks, we are back to a defense that points fingers at Losman, and pissed off veterans dividing the lockeroom. We aren't going to win the Super Bowl this season, we have to BUILD the team correctly. The offense is on the cusp, don't let it fall apart now.

Funny thing is NONE of the guys you mentioned have won a Super Bowl.

Yes the vast majority of teams do have a guy that they just get by with, and they don't win the Super Bowl.

Which guys I mentioned? You mean like LT? Not sure what you're arguing here.

I like the chances that the team that wins the SB next year and the year after has "a guy they just get by with" just like every other champion since the '99 Rams and every team in the league today not nicknamed the Chargers.

Which guys I mentioned? You mean like LT? Not sure what you're arguing here.

I like the chances that the team that wins the SB next year and the year after has "a guy they just get by with" just like every other champion since the '99 Rams and every team in the league today not nicknamed the Chargers.

Rudi Johnson, Carson Palmer, Steve McNair, Kevin Jones, LT. No Super Bowl wins.

Every SB winner since 2000 except the Bucs has had a #1 draft choice at running back (granted, Bettis wasn't featured). That's what I'm talking about.

Rudi Johnson, Carson Palmer, Steve McNair, Kevin Jones, LT. No Super Bowl wins.

This is so unrelated to the discussion it's absurd. Like if I had replaced McNair w/ Rothlisburger that would change anything?

Every SB winner since 2000 except the Bucs has had a #1 draft choice at running back (granted, Bettis wasn't featured). That's what I'm talking about.

Who cares? To say Bettis wasn't featured is an understatement. Antowain Smith > LT?

You're clearly arguing for arguing sake at this point.

This is so unrelated to the discussion it's absurd. Like if I had replaced McNair w/ Rothlisburger that would change anything?

Who cares? To say Bettis wasn't featured is an understatement. Antowain Smith > LT?

You're clearly arguing for arguing sake at this point.

No, my point is that you get the best Running Backs, the backs that win Super Bowls, in the FIRST ROUND. You don't just go into a draft thinking " I'll pick up my franchise back in the 2nd or 3rd round".

My point is that the BIlls should follow past examples, and the odds. Yeah, Antowain Smith was nothing special, and Terrell Davis was a 6th rounder, but the odds when you draft in the 1st round.

I laid it out clearly. I would like the Bills to draft a top ranking, first round talent because for the past 40 years those have been the guys MOST LIKELY to win the Super Bowl