How We Went To War

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, could you three get a room? I know Holcomb's Arm is quintessential idiot but even I'm tired of watching you two smash him while he whistles whatever melancholy melody that keeps him from reality.**

**H.A. if you even respond to this post, I'm sending you on vacation.

Tell me about it...it's like frying ants with a magnifying glass. Fun for a while, but after a while you realize your eyes hurt and you've got far better things to do...and oh, okay, just one more and I'm done...

Shut up, moron. Learn to read.

I can read just fine bungee creep. You are putting forward utter nonesense. It wasn't a natural thing at all that Bush pushed the Saddam 9-11 link, it was manufactured by Bush. That was the whole point but you are too stupid and dishonest with yourself to even see that. You may have seen it at natural, but not the majority of the American people who had to be sold this line of bull to accept it.

I can read just fine bungee creep. You are putting forward utter nonesense. It wasn't a natural thing at all that Bush pushed the Saddam 9-11 link, it was manufactured by Bush. That was the whole point but you are too stupid and dishonest with yourself to even see that. You may have seen it at natural, but not the majority of the American people who had to be sold this line of bull to accept it.

Fork meet frying pan.

You mean, figernails on chalkboard?

And are the farmers happy that the grubs froze? Or something

That's fingernail. And if you had bothered to read you would have realized I

that the grub comment was agreeing with you.

And yes, I do mean that. Your high-pitched wails and screeds have little audience,

and any decent point you try to make usually gets lost in your delivery.

Though I do think you are intelligent - it is not really not a mark of intelligence to

continually write past the people you are trying to make a point to. Usually

that happens on the right, but you really have no equal here.

Congratulations. You've made it.

Too bad it is all so darned uninteresting.

I didn't think it could be done, but I think you are the first person here that

has actually pushed a lib like me to the right.

That's fingernail. And if you had bothered to read you would have realized I

that the grub comment was agreeing with you.

And yes, I do mean that. Your high-pitched wails and screeds have little audience,

and any decent point you try to make usually gets lost in your delivery.

Though I do think you are intelligent - it is not really not a mark of intelligence to

continually write past the people you are trying to make a point to. Usually

that happens on the right, but you really have no equal here.

Congratulations. You've made it.

Too bad it is all so darned uninteresting.

I didn't think it could be done, but I think you are the first person here that

has actually pushed a lib like me to the right.

I was being genuine about the grub comment. I know what you meant and thought it was interesting, actually. Just a conversation starter, nothing melicious at all. Sorry to set you off. As to the other points, I do not appologize. I am who I am on here.

I was being genuine about the grub comment. I know what you meant and thought it was interesting, actually. Just a conversation starter, nothing melicious at all. Sorry to set you off. As to the other points, I do not appologize. I am who I am on here.

Nice swallow. :lol:

If you could read, you'd know THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID. :lol:

What's the Democrat's plan for getting the United States out of this situation while ensuring the following?

1. Iraq remains stable and its new government maintains control of the Country.

2. Iran doesnt influence the process, nor does it dominate the region either militarily or economically.

3. The state of Israel (yes....THEM....you know..the one TRUE Democracy in the region) can continue to viably exist.

4. The United States can continue to have a presence in the Middle East for its own economic and military interests.

Answers:

1 - You know why we told them not to go in there in the first place - because we would be where are we are today - we CAN'T fix what we have allowed to happen to Iraq - they have been fighting each other for 1500 years, WE ARE NOT GOING TO STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING - WE CAN ONLY GET IN THE WAY AND CONTINUE TO USE OUR SOLDIERS FOR BULLET STOPPERS - give me one example of where we have been successful at nation building....that new shite government/theocracy will not remain in control of the country - THAT is not democracy.

2,3 - You know what, toppling Saddam was stupid for another reason - it really upset the balance of power in the middle east - Saddam kept the bozos in Iran in check - check out how they have been flexing since he has been gone (including Hezbollah). I am not Jewish, but I understand the necessity of having Israel there - why did supporters of Israel think this was a good idea? Do people really think we are going to take over the entire middle east? I boggles my mind. BTW, Israel has some theocracy stuff happening too and while I am a supporter of Israel they have not been blameless in their treatment of the Palestinians.

4 - we have military interests in some places already. we need to choose a better place to have them because there is intense resentment about that - remember 911 - osama indicates our military presence in Islam's holiest land as a major reason for the attack - plus our 'friends', the sunni saudis run one of the most oppressive governments in the world - why aren't we trying to topple them? Let's quit playing games and killing our people over a cause that can't be achieved. Does anyone remember Vietnam? It was not a good cause, it was not a good war and we lost over 52,000 troops - for what?

Does anyone remember Vietnam? It was not a good cause, it was not a good war and we lost over 52,000 troops - for what?

I hate to disagree with you, because there's so much in your post we see eye-to-eye on. In some ways, the Vietnam War was similar to the Korean War: the northern, genocidal, communist half of a country invades the non-communist southern half. The U.S. comes to the aid of the southern country. Except that in the Korean War, the U.S. was perfectly willing to advance its army into North Korea. Hence we were able to quickly destroy North Korea's ability to wage war, and thus come to a firm resolution.

A variety of political considerations and circumstances prevented this policy from being adopted in the Vietnam War. One factor was LBJ's desire to con the gullible American public into thinking he was a moderate (ha!). He chose a middle road between Goldwater's willingness to do whatever it took to win, and the pacifists' desire to simply pull out. In this case, so-called "moderation" proved more dangerous and destructive than either of the extremes would have. Given LBJ's refusal to advance American troops onto North Vietnamese soil, and given the fanaticism of the Viet Cong, there was only one way that war could end. It would end when one side got tired of sending its young men into the killing grounds of South Vietnam. And the North Vietnamese' willingness to keep sending young men into that meat grinder was a lot higher than ours.