Bills cap space vs. revenue sharing

LevysEraII

I thought I read somewhere that the Bills must spend a certain amount (I believe it's around 80 to 85% of the cap) in order to qualify for their share of the money from the league's revenue sharing plan. Exactly how much money is that?? Is it greater than the $39 million the Bills currently have in cap space?

I'm a little worried that ol'Ralphie Boy won't spend much in free agency. An answer to my question will set my mind at ease knowing that Ralph will have to spend at least 18 to $20 million in cap space this offseason.

Help, please!!!

I thought I read somewhere that the Bills must spend a certain amount (I believe it's around 80 to 85% of the cap) in order to qualify for their share of the money from the league's revenue sharing plan. Exactly how much money is that?? Is it greater than the $39 million the Bills currently have in cap space?

I'm a little worried that ol'Ralphie Boy won't spend much in free agency. An answer to my question will set my mind at ease knowing that Ralph will have to spend at least 18 to $20 million in cap space this offseason.

Help, please!!!

I am not sure if it is tied to revunue sharing, very well could be. But, since the CBA that put a salary cap in place way back when, there has ALWAYS been floor as well as as a cieling on player payroll per club. What percentage of the cap that is I am not sure, but 80% sounds resonable. Back then it was put in place to insure guys like Brown and Bidwill at least tried to be competitive.