Peyton Manning's hands in his pockets

LevysEraII

It has been reported on WGR550 that Peyton Manning didn't take his hands out of his pockets during a press conference recently. Some might say he's concealing an injury to his thumb that he injured in the 4th quarter against New England. I'm not going for that though, to tell you the truth the whole thing stinks of Bill Belicheckism.

I have to agree with you. This does seem a little like Belichick. He's not going to say whether or not he's hurting. Gonna keep the Bears guessing.

He actually said during the press Conference that he was from the Bellichick school of injury reporting (not exact words, but basically) and that he would not say.

Wouldn't it be funny to see Peyton, a guy who has only missed one snap, finally prove his critics wrong and make it to the big game, not be able to play because of a hand injury and we would be left watching the Sorgi led Colts against the Bears in a SB?

I bet you Bears fans wish this could have happened to them, instead of allowing Grossman try to screw them out of a Super Bowl win

He actually said during the press Conference that he was from the Bellichick school of injury reporting (not exact words, but basically) and that he would not say.

Wouldn't it be funny to see Peyton, a guy who has only missed one snap, finally prove his critics wrong and make it to the big game, not be able to play because of a hand injury and we would be left watching the Sorgi led Colts against the Bears in a SB?

I bet you Bears fans wish this could have happened to them, instead of allowing Grossman try to screw them out of a Super Bowl win

Not to worry. Peyton Manning with two broken thumbs, and a shattered leg bone would still be 5x the QB that Rex Grossman is and probably ever will be.

It has been reported on WGR550 that Peyton Manning didn't take his hands out of his pockets during a press conference recently. Some might say he's concealing an injury to his thumb that he injured in the 4th quarter against New England. I'm not going for that though, to tell you the truth the whole thing stinks of Bill Belicheckism.

gutter, he was probably turgid and has been turgid since winning

I know that. I hope he play too to silence his critics once and for all.

Not to worry. Peyton Manning with two broken thumbs, and a shattered leg bone would still be 5x the QB that Rex Grossman is and probably ever will be.

Yeah, but Grossman only needs to play Mediocre at best for the team to win.

Manning on the other hand, has to play like Peyton for that team to win.

Although I can guarantee that even with 2 broken thumbs and a shattered leg, your still going to see Peyton behind centre in the Super Bowl

Yeah, but Grossman only needs to play Mediocre at best for the team to win.

Manning on the other hand, has to play like Peyton for that team to win.

Although I can guarantee that even with 2 broken thumbs and a shattered leg, your still going to see Peyton behind centre in the Super Bowl

I heard this concept on ESPN and I simply don't understand it. Why is everyone so high on the Bears? Grossman only needs to play Mediocre to win? I don't believe so. The Indianapolis Defense has been playing well in their past 3-4 games. Grossman is no Tom Brady, and Thomas Jones/Cedric Benson (in my opinion) are a step lower than Laurence Maroney and Corey Dillon. Not only that but the way the Patriots secondary played for the first 3/4 of the game Sunday was remarkable. I don't believe the Bears defense can do much better than the Patriots secondary, did for the most part Sunday. Add that to the fact that Manning has not been playing up to his caliber two out of the three playoff games and the Colts still won. The Baltimore defense was the #1 ranked defense in the league. Chicago was #5. Yet Manning only needed a 170 yard, 0 TD and 2 INT game to beat Baltimore by 9 points. During the regular season Baltimore's offense was nearly equal with Chicago's in terms of yards (Chi had about 8 more yds/per game). Baltimore had a better 3rd down%. Baltimore had a better 4th down%. Baltimore had less penalties than Chicago's offense, and Baltimore had a better avg time of possession per game than Chicago's. Both teams had equal yds/per play. I guess my point is that I believe Baltimore's offense is on the same level, if not BETTER than Chicago's offense and Indianapolis already beat Baltimore by 9 points ... and that was with an experienced playoff QB.

The Bears offence doesn't rely on Grossman having to make plays. He didn't have a good game against a good Saints team and they blew them out last week.

Thje Bears defence wins games for them, thats why Grossman only has to play better then bad to win a game. If it wasn't for Peyton's improved play last week in the 4th quarter, the Pats would have been in the SB.

I will agree, the Colts Defence has been playing much better, but its still not as great.

A buddy of mine in Indy said that someone saw Peyton leaving a pretty pricey doctors office with his finger wrapped.

ANyone who saw what he did on that play knows that with his finger extended like that hitting a hard-headed lineman's harder helmet is in some serious pain.

My guess is that it's at least a sprain, if not a small stress fracture.

The Bears offence doesn't rely on Grossman having to make plays. He didn't have a good game against a good Saints team and they blew them out last week.

Meaningless. The Saints lost that game more to the elements and the stadium than they did to the Bears. That luxury won't be available in Miami, though the grass field is in Chicago's favor.

The Bears defence wins games for them, thats why Grossman only has to play better then bad to win a game. If it wasn't for Peyton's improved play last week in the 4th quarter, the Pats would have been in the SB.

The Bears win against good/decent teams when they get a large number of turnovers. If the Colts don't turn the ball over in this game, it's an easy win. Chances are, if they win the turnover battle by any margin at all, it's an easy win. The only thing that changes that is if the Colts' Special Teams struggle huge in this game. That's more likely to lead to the Bears winning than anything.

I will agree, the Colts Defence has been playing much better, but its still not as great.

Why would they have to be great against the Bears? Chicago's offense may be good for one or two drives of length per game against decent competition. If you win or tie the field position game, they're a pretty average team.

A buddy of mine in Indy said that someone saw Peyton leaving a pretty pricey doctors office with his finger wrapped.

And my stepbrother's cousin's father's former roommate saw Rex Grossman sticking pins into the right hand of a Peyton Manning voodoo doll. :mellow:

Why would they have to be great against the Bears? Chicago's offense may be good for one or two drives of length per game against decent competition. If you win or tie the field position game, they're a pretty average team.

Thats the thing

You have a great defence (the Bears) playing against the great offence (the Colts)

Then you have the bad defence (the Colts) against the bad offence (the Bears)

I think the Bears defence can hold the Colts down especially if mannings hand isn't 100%, and Grossman having a mediocre to good day should be enough to score points on the colts defence