Any guess on Bush's new strategy?

Read this: US Army Counterinsurgency Field Manual and you'll understand why the Bush Plan is, at best, a lame political response to the election results.

General Shinski was right. The occupation requires a minimum of 400,000 troops. But! he was fired for telling us the truth.

I think the Generals who wrote that manual just might know a wee bit more than the politicians who hamstring them when they try to do their job.

Honestly, I don't know anything about them. Haven't looked at it yet, been focusing on Iraq and Iran policy. Perhaps I'll read up on it and get back to you

Still waiting for CNN to tell you how you should feel? Of course the democrats haven't had time to focus on it, as that's two things to try to form and opinion on, and that is just at least one too many. :D

General Shinski was right. The occupation requires a minimum of 400,000 troops. But! he was fired for telling us the truth.

The real truth is that we're losing in Iraq because our leaders do not have the balls to turn the insurgents, et al, into ashes. Doesn't matter how many troops we have there.

The real truth is that we're losing in Iraq because our leaders do not have the balls to turn the insurgents, et al, into ashes. Doesn't matter how many troops we have there.

To do that they'd have to carpet bomb the whole country and wipe everyone out, because at this point they can't tell the difference between the insurgents, foreign fighters, sectarian civil war fighters, and civilians. Like a doctor saying the operation was a success but the patient died.

Still waiting for CNN to tell you how you should feel? Of course the democrats haven't had time to focus on it, as that's two things to try to form and opinion on, and that is just at least one too many. :thumbsup:

Oh gees, yes, I again missed Blitz Wolfers opinion on this. I guess I'll just have to wait to be told what to think. <_<

Ah yes, the Nazi option. Isn't it nice to see what evil direction some people want to pull our country in? Besides, if we wiped out the Sunnis, the Shiite militias of al-Sadr would be very happy

Rules of engagement leave American soldiers gun-shy. It's a commom complaint we hear from them. Marine snipers wish to work alone but military brass say they must work in teams. When they work in teams they easily expose themselves to the enemy.

Moreover, we can't tell the difference between the good guys and bad guys because we don't live among them. We need to surreptitiously infiltrate them and kill them one-by-one without making a sound. Not carpet bombing.

Rules of engagement leave American soldiers gun-shy. It's a commom complaint we hear from them. Marine snipers wish to work alone but military brass say they must work in teams. When they work in teams they easily expose themselves to the enemy.

Moreover, we can't tell the difference between the good guys and bad guys because we don't live among them. We need to surreptitiously infiltrate them and kill them one-by-one without making a sound. Not carpet bombing.

"Gun-shy"?! Are you completely insane? Following a roadside bombing, common policy is for US soldiers to open fire in all directions, killing anyone in the immediate vicinity. If you'd ever talked to any Iraqis, they'd tell you exactly that. Even US commanders have admitted that heavy-handed actions in the early days of the occupation had a lot to do with the rise of the Sunni insurgency. And yet, for some reason, there are still people like you who believe the answer is more force :thumbsup: