The Big East: 5-0 in bowl games...

RU5781

Interesting.

Nice job by the Big East...They can't necessarily pick who lines up across from them, the job is to go out and win the game. Which they did.

I hate qualifying their victories with disclaimers- BUT....

They were the favorite in every game. USF (9-4) played 7-6 East Carolina from Conf-USA, Rutgers (11-2) played 7-6 Kansas State, West Virginia (11-2) scrambled back to beat 9-5 Georgia Tech, Louisville (12-1) beat 11-3 Wake Forest, and Cincinnatti beat 8-5 Western Michigan from the MAC.

Not exactly shocking the world when Wake Forest is the stiffest competition. Apparently the Bowl recruiters feel that 11-2 in the Big East equals 9-5 in another conference.

Nice job by the Big East...They can't necessarily pick who lines up across from them, the job is to justgo out and win the games. Which they did.

I hate qualifying their victories with disclaimers- BUT....

They were the favorite in every game. USF (9-4) played 7-6 East Carolina from Conf-USA, Rutgers (11-2) played 7-6 Kansas State, West Virginia (11-2) scrambled back to beat 9-5 Georgia Tech, Louisville (12-1) beat 11-3 Wake Forest, and Cincinnatti beat 8-5 Western Michigan from the MAC.

Not exactly shocking the world when Wake Forest is the stiffest competition. Apparently the Bowl recruiters feel that 11-2 in the Big East equals 9-5 in another conference.

WF was the champion of the ACC. Louisville beat them. WVU, without their best player, beat GT. And Rutgers destroyed KSU, and KSU beat Texas.

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean KSU was good. Colt McCoy got injured in that game and the whole thing went to hell.

I think it was more Texas sucking than KSU being good. It seems a stretch to go further than that.

How many points did Texas put up? It had nothing to do with McCoy leaving.

WF was the champion of the ACC. Louisville beat them. WVU, without their best player, beat GT. And Rutgers destroyed KSU, and KSU beat Texas.

Good points, all. That's why qualifying victories doesn't matter. The Big East played them, and they won.

KSU beat Texas, and their other win against a plus-.500 team came against Oklahoma State, who was 7-6. They squeaked out a 1-point win against 1-AA Illinois State. I would hope an 11-2 team could handle them.

The cumulative record of the teams Wake Forest beat was 53-72, not counting 1-AA Liberty. Syracuse (4-8), UConn (4-8), Duke (0-12), UNC (3-9), NC State (3-9), and Ole Miss (4-8) were six of their wins. Losses were to 8-5 Clemson and 10-3 Virginia Tech. I know they won the ACC, but let's not pretend that Louisville shouldn't have beaten them.

West Virginia over GT was a nice win with Slaton not 100%. They had to overcome 28-10 and 35-17 deficits to do it...Again, though, most teams would have beaten GT, in my opinion.

The matchups were top-tier Big East teams against 2nd-tier teams from the ACC and Big 12 (two of the weaker BCS conferences this year), and then second-tier Big East teams against barely bowl-eligible teams from the MAC and Conf-USA.

Again, it doesn't matter...Even if they were supposed to win, there were plenty of other teams who were supposed to win and didn't. The Big East took care of their business. But I would've liked to have seen Rutgers vs. Cal or Texas, and WVU vs. somebody like Georgia or Auburn.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.