Nutjob gets wrong change, sets Walgreens on fire.

Tux of Borg

http://www.wftv.com/news/10650370/detail.html

Angry Woman Accused Of Setting Walgreens On Fire

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A dispute over spare change may have inspired a woman to set a Walgreens store on fire and she did the deed using a lit cigarette.

Store employees said their night turned from frustrating to scary, Monday. One moment, the customer was angry. The next, she was going up and down the aisles lighting merchandise on fire.

For workers at the Walgreens on South Orange Blossom Trail, Tuesday morning, it was back to business. But after what happened Monday night, business will never quite be the same.

"You see flames all over the store, smoke all over the store, it was crazy," said store employee Harry Ambriose.

The fire started around ten o'clock and it was no accident.

"I smelled smoke in the cooler and I was like, 'What's going on? What’s going on?' Ran out and I see big black smoke all over the store, black on the ceiling, black everywhere," Ambriose said.

Employees said an angry customer was to blame.

"She just came into the store and she got pissed off because the change was incorrect or something," Ambriose explained.

That's when the anger turned into action. The woman started going down the aisles, employees said, with a lit cigarette and started setting merchandise on fire.

Fire crews swarmed the scene, knocking out the flames and snuffing out the smoke. But before they could get there, the woman ran out the door. For employees, it was like nothing they'd ever seen.

"She just started the fire, arson basically, that's all it was, was arson," Ambriose said.

For fire investigators, it leaves them sorting through evidence and working to track down the woman responsible.

A Walgreens spokesperson said store managers have been meeting with fire investigators all morning and looking at surveillance video of the incident.

Despite all the smoke, the fire did very little damage inside.

i find it very hard to believe that you could light fires with cigs. although i dont smoke, but i saw in myth busters that the tip of a cig butt isnt even hot enough to light a fire with gasoline or something along those lines.

maybe she picked up a can of starter fluid in aisle 9 to get things started !

i find it very hard to believe that you could light fires with cigs. although i dont smoke, but i saw in myth busters that the tip of a cig butt isnt even hot enough to light a fire with gasoline or something along those lines.

I was thinking the same thing. They may be jumping to conclusions.