BIASED BULLSH*T

Amstel

Yikes....take it easy, pal. Something tells me you're not married.....

It's less of a hassle (to me) because the cable is easy to set up. I admit I don't know much having a dish, but I can't imagine the setup and configuration is easier than a dish. Plus, I'm not necessarily thrilled about possibly losing a signal if the weather is bad enough.

The weather thing is over rated. This year I lost the signal for a total of about 10 minutes at the height of a couple major thunder storms in the summer and tv sucks then anyways.

I was wondering, do you have to ask the wife if you can go potty? :censored:

Plus I don't have it as an option because of where I live...apt complex where my orientation is such that I cannot view the satellite. More, the sat folks don't allow the Ticket to a non-landline phone address. I would have ordered it for my truck camper, but they won't allow that. So f... them, forever.

Dude have the bill sent to your apt and home phone number then run a phone cable down to the truck one time if necessary, which I doubt. Tell them what they want to hear and your good to go. Its called bs the man.......not to much of a hurdle to get around. They are concerned you will drive into a blacked out area and be able to watch the game thus breaking the law.........BS the man!

It was funny though, my parents had the Comcast guy go out to their place yesterday because the picture was somewhat fuzzy. The Comcast guy said that it was about the best they could get over cable. He then asked if they had ever had a dish, and remarked that since they had, there is no way the picture quality would be nearly as good. He said that even though he gets cable for free at his house, he still pays for DirecTV because it is that much better.

Where do they live?

I'm so tired of this crap. The Bills have a better record than the Fins and the Ravens are in 1st place in their division. Yet the other game is being shown. Three weeks ago when the Bills played the Jets in the late game they showed the Pats Fins game OPPOSITE the Giants game yet when the Bills are playing opposite the Giants the Bills are not shown on CBS......I had Directv and will have it again next year but this is such nonsense....

been going to mudville sports bar downtown every weeked to watch bills (except the jets games.) not sure i care this weekend given bills are out of it. other than god forbid someone getting seriously injured will anyone really remember how bills players did in this game? i'd personally rather see games where both teams have playoffs at stake, even though that means bills won't be shown.

WRGB showing the Colts/Dolfags is the last straw for me. :o I'll take the summer to save up and switch to DirectTV in the fall.

When I do, I'll be sure to mention to Time Warner why I'm giving up my subscription, mainly that WXXA and WRGB wont play Bills games. If any of you are TW customer in the Capital District who are switching to DirectTV, let them know when you cancel your service. Maybe if TW start losing customers because if it, they may lean on the local stations about putting more Bills games on. It won't help you, but it might help those fans who can't swtich.

As for Doug Sherman's response to Andy, I'm not sure that I 100% trust Doug's explanation. I can't believe that NYC sets all of their programming. If that's true, why do they have a program director? It sounds like he's just passing the buck. :(

Plus I don't have it as an option because of where I live...apt complex where my orientation is such that I cannot view the satellite. More, the sat folks don't allow the Ticket to a non-landline phone address. I would have ordered it for my truck camper, but they won't allow that. So f... them, forever.

This isn't true at all. Apartment complexes are now required to let you have the dish if you want it. As a matter of fact, if you don't face the southern sky, they have to let you mount it near the ridge of the roof so that you can see it. It's law. Alot of Apt complexes will tell you different, until you get a letter from the local county gov't showing them that it's the law. The complexes think you'll give up because that's such a pain in the ass to do.

Second, you DO NOT need a landline phone to get Direct TV or the NFL package. I ordered the dish without having a landline phone. It's fine. Also, if you want it for your camper, you order it to your home address, and they'll blackout games to your home address zip codes (if that applies). Self install to your camper, or have a local dealer do it. Otherwise you get it installed on your camper. Could be wierd though, as you could order your NFL package from a Buffalo address, and if the Bills are blacked out, you would be blacked out even if you drove to Florida to watch it.

As for Doug Sherman's response to Andy, I'm not sure that I 100% trust Doug's explanation. I can't believe that NYC sets all of their programming. If that's true, why do they have a program director? It sounds like he's just passing the buck. :o

What I took out of the response was the CBS officials that make the programming decisions just happen to be in NYC (which is likely part of the problem), not that the NYC affiliates are making decisions for Albany.

Either way, it sucks big time. I'm not sure if I'll switch to a dish because of this, but it's making me lean an awful lot more towards it. Believe me....TW wouldn't have to ask me why I'd switch...I'd tell them right up front.