The Bills will contend in 2007

developing their younger players.

1. We have started two rookies at safety since week 2. There were bound to be breakdowns in coverage. What I didnt expect is the regression of Terrance McGee in coverage.

2. Tripplett will be effective with a true NFL starter on his right. We dont have that yet (K Williams is a good backup, and Anderson does not fit the scheme) McCargo may be that player, but this is a free agancy area. Bring in competition, but dont be surprised by no changes here... they're going to develop these players.

3. Clements will not be re-signed - Youbouty will start in 2007. Dont get in SC trouble for one player.

4. Ellison will replace Takeo Spikes in 2007, not by release but by quality of play. It's really a shame... but that kid can really fly. Crowell will move to the strong side spot and Eillison will fill in the weak.

5. My hunch is that we will open with the same O-Line as we start next week. I have not seen tackle protection this consistent since Wolford/Ballard

6. I think we have found a tight end in Rob Royal , his mistake today notwithstading.

Free Agency can solve a couple of problems, but with our economic situation; the cheapest and most effective way to build a team is through the draft, and the only way those guys get better is to play them.

3. Clements will not be re-signed - Youbouty will start in 2007. Dont get in SC trouble for one player.

877429[/snapback]

How, exactly, will signing him get them in salary cap trouble??? They are expected to be around $39 million UNDER the cap (give or take), second most in the league. You can't use the salary cap as an excuse to no re-sign him.

So what you are saying is "don't make any changes, except lose your best cornerback"

... right. I say we find a big run stuffing DT. Add a few more OL for competition, get another WR to compete with peerless, reed, etc for the starting position opposite Evans, and draft another QB with a low round draft pick, not to compete... but just in case.

and I say marv keeps his eyes open for any places we can upgrade at all. Tripplett is fine and all, but if opportunity to get a better DT comes, I say we jump on it. Same thing with DE's.

... also.. resign London. Priority number one in my book.