The entire staff plus Lindell screwed the pooch

SoCal Pat

It's one thing to say you can't try a FG into the wind from 28 yards out. I can live with that.

But if you know that IN ADVANCE, then 3rd and 5 becomes a running play 100 percent of the time. The Titans wouldn't be expecting it, and even if you only get 2 yards, it puts you closer, either to making the first down or kicking the field goal.

There had to be a drop-dead spot on the field for a FG try, and we didn't bother finding out what it was until it was too late. That should've been predetermined at halftime, when Lindell had several chances to kick into the wind.

It's one thing to say you can't try a FG into the wind from 28 yards out. I can live with that.

But if you know that IN ADVANCE, then 3rd and 5 becomes a running play 100 percent of the time. The Titans wouldn't be expecting it, and even if you only get 2 yards, it puts you closer, either to making the first down or kicking the field goal.

There had to be a drop-dead spot on the field for a FG try, and we didn't bother finding out what it was until it was too late. That should've been predetermined at halftime, when Lindell had several chances to kick into the wind.

877109[/snapback]

There was, it was the 25, both Jauron and Lindell said so after the game. They flirted with trying from the 28. Running on third could have been an option, but anything that would have gotten a first down was sensible. No obvious call, it seems to me...CD