Salary Cap Help

For some reason I just dont understand this. Some people are saying that Ralph pays out of pocket to sign players ... I always thought that the league gives each team the ammount of money that the salary cap is set at. Example: if the cap was set at 100 million for the year, then the team would get 100 million from the league. Is this not true?

simply put........since a team can amortize ( spread out) signing bonuses, a team can spend over the cap every year. Player gets $5 million signing bonus over 5 yrs, it only counts $1 million each year, but it's all paid to the player in the 1st yr of the deal........other bonuses like NLTBE's would also be paid in the yr earned but not count on cap until following yr........ :lol:

For some reason I just dont understand this. Some people are saying that Ralph pays out of pocket to sign players ... I always thought that the league gives each team the ammount of money that the salary cap is set at. Example: if the cap was set at 100 million for the year, then the team would get 100 million from the league. Is this not true?

875926[/snapback]

I hope you're being sarcastic. As yes, Ralph pays out of his own pocket to sign players. The cap is only a figuere put out by the league as the "maximum" amount of money they can spend on their team in a given season. I put maximum in quotes due to issues like prorated signing bonuses and other bonuses that don't go against the cap and what not.

875926[/snapback]

Did you think the cap money was given to the owners? No this a business that generates a profit/loss every year its not fantasy its real. Maybe this will bring you a bigger appreciation of what Ralph trying to do to keep NFL in Buffalo.

What I think everyone needs to appreciate more is that at this point in his life Ralph has chosen to fight for NFL in Buffalo while most people would be content with being a multi-millionaire and spending their last few years on more selfish endeavors. He has enough money to keep this family tree rich for many generations. I believe this is more than money to RW its about an epitaph.