TMQ

merlin

TMQ - 12/20/2006

In other news, what's the best thing to happen to the Buffalo Bills since Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith? Their former coach Mike Mularkey went to work for the Miami Dolphins .....

The Football Gods Chortled: When bumbling coach Mike Mularkey quit the Bills last winter and went to Miami as offensive coordinator, Neil Easterbrook, an Official Brother of TMQ and a diehard Bills' fan, immediately pronounced: "This is great, now Mularkey will coach against Buffalo twice a year and do just as bad for the Dolphins as he did for us." And yea, verily, it came to pass. The Bills swept the Dolphins this season and outscored them 37-6, the sole Miami touchdown coming with a minute remaining in a rout. Hey, Wayne Huizenga -- don't ever fire Mike Mularkey!

Sweet 'N' Sour Play No. 1: Game scoreless, Buffalo faced second-and-16 on the Miami 33. Blocking tight end Robert Royal, who has poor hands and rarely runs anything more than a short turn-out, took off deep downfield on a fly. He was supposed to lure a safety away from the intended receiver. J.P. Losman looked, looked left and seeing no one open, snapped back right and threw a 33-yard touchdown to Royal for the longest reception of the tight end's five-year career. Sending a guy who's never caught a long pass straight up the field on a fly pattern was sweet. Sour: Miami's defense totally ignored Royal, the corner on that side just watching him go by and covering no one, both safeties ignoring him. Hey, he's got bad hands, but nobody is that bad! Ignoring a deep receiver was sour. And we don't wish to alarm you, but Buffalo has won five of its past seven games -- with the only losses to Indianapolis and San Diego by a combined margin of four points.

Buck-Buck-Brawckkkkkkk: Trailing Buffalo 21-0, Miami faced fourth-and-6 on its 41 with eight minutes remaining. That can't be a punt! Trailing 21-0, Miami faced fourth-and-4 on its 33 with four minutes remaining. That can't be a punt! When it was fourth-and-5 with a minute remaining and it did not matter in the slightest whether the Dolphins kicked, tried for the first down or started square dancing, then Miami went for it.

Wow, join date Sept 5, 2001 and only 289 posts!

I'm impressed.

873172[/snapback]

Yup, I'm a man of few words ... but I enjoy reading the message board when I have time. Didn't have time yesterday, which is why I didn't notice the TMQ stuff had already been posted. I rarely go back beyond the first page of messages.