Playoffs start this weekend

stinky finger

OK gurus of the board. Give me your best advice.

Who should go for me this weekend?

Palmer vs Raiders or Hasselbeck @ Arizona

Pick 2 RBs from the following

T. Bell @ San Diego

D. McAllister @ Dallas

F. Taylor vs Colts

M. Jones-Drew vs Colts

I'm actually toying with both Jag runners. I've done it before with good results. Taylor got 100 yds and Jones-Drew punched in TDs. Bell ran well last week and McAllister has been very solid, but both have tough run Ds to contend with.

I'm really torn about the QBs, but am leaning towards Palmer.

I'm actually toying with both Jag runners. I've done it before with good results. Taylor got 100 yds and Jones-Drew punched in TDs. Bell ran well last week and McAllister has been very solid, but both have tough run Ds to contend with.

857639[/snapback]

This is probably the way I'd go. I have T. Bell too, and don't expect much from their ground game given the way Cutler played this week (though M. Bell had some success vs. SD in the first game). The Colts run D sucks horribly.

Re: QB - it's the playoffs....play your stud.

857639[/snapback]

Hard to say. I see that OAK's defense ranks high against the pass, but middle-of-the-pack against the run. They gave SD a good game 2 weeks ago.

So the B'gals might keep with a ground game. CLE, under Crennell, have decided that they would try to stop the pass at (mostly) all costs. So Rudi Johnson has some big numbers against them.

I kinda think Hasselback vs. Palmer is a wash...

But the B'gals suffered another OL injury. 2nd year C Eric Ghiaciuc who replaced Rich Braham in game #2 is down with a knee. If he can't play, they will go with 2nd-year rookie Ben Wilkerson.

This is probably the way I'd go.  I have T. Bell too, and don't expect much from their ground game given the way Cutler played this week (though M. Bell had some success vs. SD in the first game).  The Colts run D sucks horribly.

Re: QB - it's the playoffs....play your stud.

858292[/snapback]

Regarding QB, my opponent has C. Johnson. Negating to a degree, the production of Palmer. Plus my feeling is that Oakland will not put any points (hell, they couldn't at home against the Texans) and it could be the R. Johnson show.

On the other hand, The Cards at home should be more of a game against the Seahawks. Having the Hasselbeck/Jackson combo is enticing. Free of "sharing" points (Palmer/CJ). Tough call.

....and thanks.

Hard to say. I see that OAK's defense ranks high against the pass, but middle-of-the-pack against the run. They gave SD a good game 2 weeks ago.

So the B'gals might keep with a ground game.  CLE, under Crennell, have decided that they would try to stop the pass at (mostly) all costs. So Rudi Johnson has some big numbers against them.

I kinda think Hasselback vs. Palmer is a wash...

But the B'gals suffered another OL injury. 2nd year C Eric Ghiaciuc who replaced Rich Braham in game #2 is down with a knee. If he can't play, they will go with 2nd-year rookie Ben Wilkerson.

858444[/snapback]

You know, I'm really teetering. Hasselbeck might be the call. Thanks for chiming in.

Regarding QB, my opponent has C. Johnson. Negating to a degree, the production of Palmer. Plus my feeling is that Oakland will not put any points (hell, they couldn't at home against the Texans) and it could be the R. Johnson show.

On the other hand, The Cards at home should be more of a game against the Seahawks. Having the Hasselbeck/Jackson combo is enticing. Free of "sharing" points (Palmer/CJ). Tough call. 

....and thanks.

858474[/snapback]

I don't want to sound condescending, but the idea is to play whoever you think will score the most points. Worrying about 'sharing' points is a huge mistake. If Palmer hooks up with TJ Housh you'll feel like an idiot. Rudi could have a nice game yardage-wise, but he rarely finds the endzone more than once.

I don't want to sound condescending, but the idea is to play whoever you think will score the most points.  Worrying about 'sharing' points is a huge mistake.  If Palmer hooks up with TJ Housh you'll feel like an idiot.  Rudi could have a nice game yardage-wise, but he rarely finds the endzone more than once.

859252[/snapback]

I've never played FF...seems like the variations are endless.

Rudi Johnson is averaging 1 td per game. Don't some leagues award credit or whatever for rush and/or pass yardage gained?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.