Justin Blalock

Chilly

I forgot a link to his bio. :doh:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/ind...=17&member_id=6

Anyway, since I don't want to flood the board (unlike some other people), I'll stop here.

Rich, what do you think he'll do in the NFL?

857752[/snapback]

He's a Texas OL. While he may be a good one, I'd be gun-shy about drafting another one in the first round.

In all seriousness, does Texas have any OL in the NFL that start? I don't know off the top of my head.

He's a Texas OL. While he may be a good one, I'd be gun-shy about drafting another one in the first round.

In all seriousness, does Texas have any OL in the NFL that start? I don't know off the top of my head.

857773[/snapback]

Davis/Williams worked with the old coaching staff that Mackovic/Brown had, which I think played a big part in it. McWhorter's scheme and players are different then the previous coaches.

Dockery is a starter for Washington who has done pretty decent. I know Scott, a rookie, started some games for the Lions this year at RT, but I'm not sure how he did, I didn't see the games (it was against Chicago, maybe Miami, and someone else).

Davis/Williams worked with the old coaching staff that Mackovic/Brown had, which I think played a big part in it.  McWhorter's scheme and players are different then the previous coaches.

Dockery is a starter for Washington who has done pretty decent.  I know Scott, a rookie, started some games for the Lions this year at RT, but I'm not sure how he did, I didn't see the games (it was against Chicago, maybe Miami, and someone else).

857776[/snapback]

Everything I've read about Blalock seems like the kid is going to be really good.

If he has the desire and even a smidgeon of NFL talent, McNally can shape him. MW had the talent, but no desire.

If we draft in the 13 + range, i would definately take him.

On a side note, do you know him? Butter up to him now if he becomes a Bill. There's your in!

Everything I've read about Blalock seems like the kid is going to be really good.

If he has the desire and even a smidgeon of NFL talent, McNally can shape him. MW had the talent, but no desire.

If we draft in the 13 + range, i would definately take him.

On a side note, do you know him? Butter up to him now if he becomes a Bill. There's your in!

857778[/snapback]

Haha, no. I've only really known one football player, Will Matthews, who is on the Lions practice squad (huge FB). One of my roommates lived in Jester (the biggest dorm at UT, 14 stories I believe, all the football players lived there) on the same floor as him, which is how I met him.

• 1 month later...
Haha, no. I've only really known one football player, Will Matthews, who is on the Lions practice squad (huge FB). One of my roommates lived in Jester (the biggest dorm at UT, 14 stories I believe, all the football players lived there) on the same floor as him, which is how I met him.

What is the deal with Okam? Isn't he coming out this year? I wouldn't mind getting him in a later round.

What is the deal with Okam? Isn't he coming out this year? I wouldn't mind getting him in a later round.

Yeah, Okam's coming out this year. He's a good run-stopping DT, but I don't think he's that great of a pass rusher. For that reason, I don't think the Bills will take him. For the Cover-2, you need freaks who can rush the passer.

• 3 weeks later...
Rich, what do you think he'll do in the NFL?

Sky's the limit for him. I think he's got a lot of talent and plays tough, something I'd love to see our interior linemen do. Footwork will be an issue, but he did a very good job the week of the Senior Bowl practices and in the game itself, so hopefully he's working on that phase of his game.