High Motor Players

I think this year Willis is here because he has to be. Now Dick Jauron knows what type of player A-Train is and that is why he is in Buffalo. Because Marv does not see Willis as a high motor guy, I'm guessing, you will see a Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith, LT type of guy (5-10 200-210) in Buffalo before long. Willis is only here because he has to be.

what is a "high-motor" rb? I guess you mean a guy that kind of runs hard and hits the whole hard and gets extra yards? You're right I think though. I don't think Willis is exactly the kind of back that the offense is designed for. But he is still our best back.

Sounds like you want Travis Henry. I wish Maurice Drew-Jones was on our team, that guy is sweet. He seems high motor to me ^_^

I think this year Willis is here because he has to be. Now Dick Jauron knows what type of player A-Train is and that is why he is in Buffalo. Because Marv does not see Willis as a high motor guy, I'm guessing, you will see a Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith, LT type of guy (5-10 200-210) in Buffalo before long. Willis is only here because he has to be.

855907[/snapback]

Quite a flurry of posts...have you been recently released? ^_^

what is a "high-motor" rb?  I guess you mean a guy that kind of runs hard and hits the whole hard and gets extra yards?  You're right I think though.  I don't think Willis is exactly the kind of back that the offense is designed for.  But he is still our best back. 

Sounds like you want Travis Henry.  I wish Maurice Drew-Jones was on our team, that guy is sweet.  He seems high motor to me  ^_^

855915[/snapback]

What did Tennessee give us for Travis? What ever it is I'd give it back!

umm tenn gave us a 3rd rd pick for henry which turned out to be ashton youboty

rd 3

6 70 Buffalo (from Tennessee)  Youboty, Ashton CB 6-0 188 Ohio State

855933[/snapback]

I'm sure it has never been done. If Buffalo were to trade a 3rd or 4th to Tennessee to get Travis back, how do you think he would react with a new coaching staff in town? Just curious.

How about some "high talent" players?

Anthony Thomas is a decent backup I guess, but he really is similar to McGahee. Both are plodders that aren't especially good receivers. Thomas hits the hole a little harder, McGahee has a little more speed and agility. They need a classic "change of pace back," somebody that can come into the game and pose a different threat than the guy in there before him. Jones-Drew would be perfect for the team, but that's a pipe dream.

Travis Henry might be having a good year, but he's no better than McGahee. He's also getting pretty old by NFL running back standards.

Michael Turner (San Diego's backup to LT) is somebody Buffalo should consider going after....