(OT) former Bonnie playing in France

Marques is real quick and can shoot the three with alot of effectiveness when he's taking them within the flow and context of the offense. Excellent penetration skills lead to alot of open buckets for teammates. Good college defender for his size but (in my opinion) will struggle a little more on D in the pro game with bigger and stronger bodies as well as there being more flexibility within offensive schemes. Not what you would call an outspoken-type leader, or someone whom other people really gravitate to. Kind of sticks to himself, but plays real hard all the time, and is really fun to watch. A really unique and special player... If you get the chance go watch him play, you (most likely) won't be dissappointed.

I've seen today that Marques Green from St Bonaventure will play for Roanne in the french league this season (Roanne is not too far from my hometown) . They say he's very small but a real player, can anybody here can give me more information about him?

61279[/snapback]

The french league is not as good as the spanish or the italian but the level is quite OK, the top 5 teams are at the TOP25 NCAA level , Marques will play in a team that played in Div2 last year so he will probably be asked to do a lot and his team 'll probably lose more than win... i'll try to see him when he plays at nearby Pau-Orthez

You sure he's not there to get a Welding degree?

one RAM

two RAM

three RAM

FOUR-DAM

FORDHAM FORDHAM FORDHAM!!!!

61473[/snapback]

Nope, Marques graduated with a degree in psychology. How are Smush Parker's and Adrian Walton's studies going?

See you in February, when you'll once again be looking up in the standings at the mighty Bonnies... ;)

Olivier, jjamie summed him up pretty well. Small - I'm 5'5", and he can't be much taller - but one of the fastest kids you'll ever see on the court. Although he can get more consistent with his 3s, his range goes out to about halfcourt - and he'll TAKE that shot, too. He left SBU with the school records for assists, steals, and 3-pointers, and was the top-scoring guard in Bonnies history. I've seen him strip the ball from the opposing PG and be halfway to the basket before the guy even realizes he doesn't have the ball any more.....

Still trying to clean house after the Terrell/VBK disaster, SBU only won 7 games last season... but without Green stepping up and taking over at the ends of those games, they might not have won ANY.

Marques Green bio, from gobonnies.com