Compulsory Service

I know certain countries have 2 year minimum requirements for most citizens to do military or government service. Is it time for that here? I know there are both benefits and detractors to compulsory service. What's your take?

I know certain countries have 2 year minimum requirements for most citizens to do military or government service. Is it time for that here? I know there are both benefits and detractors to compulsory service. What's your take?

60920[/snapback]

NO. There are no benefits .The military today is far better than the one that fought in in Viet Nam, that is not to say that there were no patriots in that war

60920[/snapback]

Accourding to kerry it is. Just check out his website. I cannot believe that the elite media did not bring this up at all, especially when you consider that the leftees were trying to pin the draft scare on the republicans.

I would like to see what the libs have to say about this.

Accourding to kerry it is. Just check out his website. I cannot believe that the elite media did not bring this up at all, especially when you consider that the leftees were trying to pin the draft scare on the republicans.

I would like to see what the libs have to say about this.

60994[/snapback]

Thats right Rich , but the libbers dont have an answer .Bottom line is Kerry wants the draft and he wants higher taxes, :D

Well..My take is it would cost too much but there would be some value to it...Teach these kids about Patriotism and service to country and firearms training and responsibility...but like I said too cost prohibitive in a free state.

Well..My take  is it would cost too much but there would be some value to it...Teach these kids about Patriotism and service to country and firearms training and responsibility...but like I said too cost prohibitive in a free state.

61032[/snapback]

Unfortunatley the only way patriotism can be taught is by the example of our learders .Look what you have today the media , the comedians make a mockery of outr leaders no matter who they are. The true patriots are the young men and women in our military but you dont think the press will let the rest of the general public see that.

The news media is a necessary vermin. My suggestion to countires thinking about becoming democratic ,build more jails and keep you fingers crossed. I know it sounds corny but freedom really isnt free.

Well..My take  is it would cost too much but there would be some value to it...Teach these kids about Patriotism and service to country and firearms training and responsibility...but like I said too cost prohibitive in a free state.

61032[/snapback]

Or we could let people's parents do it. Too bad they're too busy watching "Reality Television" to be interested in raising their children.

Sorry, if government schools can't teach kids over 13 years there's no way the military is going to fix it in 2. We don't fix problems. We kill people and break stevestojan.

AD..the military has ways of breaking you down....Granted..Not all learn or are suited...but it's a good value.

61085[/snapback]

Yeah, and it's heinously expensive and a huge pain in the ass for those who have to do it now. And those people WANT to be there (for the most part).

There are also VERY large downsides to it, especially when you train anti-socials to kill people and then unleash them back into the public. THINK ABOUT IT.

People continue to look for government solutions to immediate family problems. It has never worked and it NEVER will.

Never said it was a solution to family problems...I happen to think everyone should serve..to some degree...Not everyone can.....My problem is how to pay for it...I can't think off a way too without raising taxes...so I squash my own idea.