Sunday's Game Cancelled!!

The Big Cat

Now all the Negative Nancys can FINALLY shtfu

(AP) In a stunning turn of events, Buffalo Bills' head coach Dick Jauron has decided to forego this Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts citing the potential for deep physical and emotional scarring. "It's just not something I want to put our boys through," said Jauron at a press conference Tuesday morning.

When asked what encouraged him to save his team from inevitable humiliation, Jauron accredited Buffalo's otherwise stupidly loyal fan base, calling them "punctilious" in their assumptions that the only thing that could possibly result from a contest with Indianapolis would be additions to the injury report.

Owner Ralph Wilson was unavailable for comment but this journalist believes that he, like most of Jauron's players, supports his coach's decision whole heartedly.

John Paul Losman, Buffalo's third year quarterback, is one of the most ardent supporters of Sunday's forfeit. He had this to say: "...it's not like we have a chance at winning. I mean, heck, we can't even satisfy our fans with a win, so the only logical option for Sunday was to spare them the grief of another embarassing loss. We're doing this for the fans."

Buffalo will resume practice Monday morning in preparation for their upcoming game against Houston. Plans for forfeiting that game have not yet been dismissed. "We'll know better at this time next week whether we're ready to go forward," says Jauron, "I just want to do what's right."