Da Ali G Marathon....

ajzepp

Just a reminder that you can watch all the episodes tonight on HBO starting at 9p EDT. Those of you who have seen it, how much time does he spend as Borat and Bruno? I've never seen a single episode so I'm psyched to watch 'em.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder that you can watch all the episodes tonight on HBO starting at 9p EDT. Those of you who have seen it, how much time does he spend as Borat and Bruno? I've never seen a single episode so I'm psyched to watch 'em.

827165[/snapback]

It depends on the episode. He always has at least one Ali G skit, and one either Borat or Bruno. Sometimes he has both.

All of his skits are freaking hilarious. You'll love it.

It depends on the episode.  He always has at least one Ali G skit, and one either Borat or Bruno.  Sometimes he has both.

All of his skits are freaking hilarious.  You'll love it.

827210[/snapback]

Very cool, thanks ;) I can't wait! This is a perfect night for the MNF game to be a stinker

Very cool, thanks ;)  I can't wait! This is a perfect night for the MNF game to be a stinker

827215[/snapback]

I'm actually a bigger fan of his Ali G character than I am of Borat, and I think Borat is hilarious. Enjoy.

I'm actually a bigger fan of his Ali G character than I am of Borat, and I think Borat is hilarious.  Enjoy.

827257[/snapback]

Cool, I've heard a few people say that lately....I can't imagine laughing at anything mroe than I did at Borat, but if his other characters are half as funny I'll be psyched :flirt:

FWIW, I see Comcast's HBO On-Demand has the 1st 6 episodes of Ali G loaded, might check them out sometime ....

On another note, I signed up for Cinemax this month cause the 6 Star Wars in HD are already loaded on On Demand! I saw a little bit of each one, Clones is the only one cropped :flirt: , the others all look great! My DVR is cleared & ready to record when the SW marathon starts! :wub:

FWIW, I see Comcast's HBO On-Demand has the 1st 6 episodes of Ali G loaded, might check them out sometime ....

On another note, I signed up for Cinemax this month cause the 6 Star Wars in HD are already loaded on On Demand! I saw a little bit of each one, Clones is the only one cropped  :flirt: , the others all look great! My DVR is cleared & ready to record when the SW marathon starts! :(

827365[/snapback]

Oh man, I am still pissed about the SW thing....not at Cinemax, but at my damn projector. As much as I've loved it over the past year, mine is one that is a bit susceptible to getting dust blobs on the panels. I basically have some blue ghosting along the right side of the image that can be very distracting. It came with a 3-year warranty, and Sanyo said they have a quick repair thing where they only have it in hand for 72 hrs or less, but I have to send it to California :wub: I was hoping there was a service center nearby and I could have them clean it for me. Nope! So since this is my only source of HD, I've decided to just stick it out since I don't want to miss the SW presentations. Oh well....

I've only seen the previews for them, but from what I've seen I totally agree with you...they look great! Even the scenes from ANH look nice and crisp....lots of amazing detail, as if it were shot recently. I can't wait :)

Oh man, I am still pissed about the SW thing....not at Cinemax, but at my damn projector. As much as I've loved it over the past year, mine is one that is a bit susceptible to getting dust blobs on the panels. I basically have some blue ghosting along the right side of the image that can be very distracting. It came with a 3-year warranty, and Sanyo said they have a quick repair thing where they only have it in hand for 72 hrs or less, but I have to send it to California  :flirt:    I was hoping there was a service center nearby and I could have them clean it for me. Nope!  So since this is my only source of HD, I've decided to just stick it out since I  don't want to miss the SW presentations. Oh well....

I've only seen the previews for them, but from what I've seen I totally agree with you...they look great! Even the scenes from ANH look nice and crisp....lots of amazing detail, as if it were shot recently. I can't wait :wub:

827371[/snapback]

That sucks... you planning on recording them?

They will be on Comcast On Demand until 12/28, and I understand HBO will be showing them sometime in 2007, so there will be other opportunities to check them out.

That sucks...  you planning on recording them?

They will be on Comcast On Demand until 12/28, and I understand HBO will be showing them sometime in 2007, so there will be other opportunities to check them out.

827383[/snapback]

I'm definitely going to record at least the OT....I'll still have to watch them with the blue, though, cause I'm actually moving into my brother's house in Jan, and the cable system will be Adelphia. Hopefully George will release them in HD at some point over the next year or so, cause Lord knows I'll buy 'em lol.

I was actually going to PM you pretty soon cause I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do after I move. The room my gear will be in is 12x16, about half the size of my current room. I can have seating at either 7-8' or as far back as 13-14'. I've been watching some of the larger HD plasmas drop in price pretty dramatically since the new 1080p units are rolling out....so I'm VERY tempted to pick up a 60" plasma instead of going with a new projector. Fez is in favor of me upgradign to something like the Sony Pearl or new Mitsubishi 1080p projectors, so I'm still considering that too. I saw the new Pioneer Elite 1080p plasma at Best Buy with a 1080 blu-ray feed and I was in shock! I've never seen anything like that before. It was very, very impressive. Hopefully tomorrow I'll head out to my local a/v guys shop and see the Pearl in action.

You have any suggestions?

I'm definitely going to record at least the OT....I'll still have to watch them with the blue, though, cause I'm actually moving into my brother's house in Jan, and the cable system will be Adelphia. Hopefully George will release them in HD at some point over the next year or so, cause Lord knows I'll buy 'em lol.

I was actually going to PM you pretty soon cause I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do after I move. The room my gear will be in is 12x16, about half the size of my current room. I can have seating at either 7-8' or as far back as 13-14'. I've been watching some of the larger HD plasmas drop in price pretty dramatically since the new 1080p units are rolling out....so I'm VERY tempted to pick up a 60" plasma instead of going with a new projector. Fez is in favor of me upgradign to something like the Sony Pearl or new Mitsubishi 1080p projectors, so I'm still considering that too. I saw the new Pioneer Elite 1080p plasma at Best Buy with a 1080 blu-ray feed and I was in shock! I've never seen anything like that before. It was very, very impressive. Hopefully tomorrow I'll head out to my local a/v guys shop and see the Pearl in action.

You have any suggestions?

827395[/snapback]

When I was looking a few months ago, I don't remember seeing the Pioneer Elite... but I was most impressed with the Panny Plasmas, those pictures looked really, really good... probably less expensive then the Pioneers. I ended up going Westinghouse LCD cause it was even cheaper than the Pannys & good for gaming + PC monitor.

I agree with Fez, though... either upgrade to the Panny 1080P projectors or get a deal on one of their 720Ps. I'm not going back, best purchase I've made in years (after the Toshiba A1 :) ).

PS. Change the thread again for a little LAMP :( , but Stones at the Beacon was the show of shows! I forget if you're a Christina Aguilera fan, but she was a guest star on Live With Me, along with Jack White (Loving Cup) + Buddy Guy (Champagne & Reefer). Scorsese filmed both shows, and I understand the movie will be similar to The Last Waltz (out in late 2007). The only thing that kinda sucked was the show got postponed from Halloween night to Wednesday the 1st... and AC got postponed from 10/27 to 11/17 at the last minute cause Mick had a cold. :flirt: People who traveled far were pissed... so was I, cause I have Dylan/Raconteurs tickets for 11/17 and now I have to choose between the two. :wub:

When I was looking a few months ago, I don't remember seeing the Pioneer Elite... but I was most impressed with the Panny Plasmas, those pictures looked really, really good... probably less expensive then the Pioneers. I ended up going Westinghouse LCD cause it was even cheaper than the Pannys & good for gaming + PC monitor.

I agree with Fez, though... either upgrade to the Panny 1080P projectors or get a deal on one of their 720Ps. I'm not going back, best purchase I've made in years (after the Toshiba A1 :D ).

PS. Change the thread again for a little LAMP :) , but Stones at the Beacon was the show of shows! I forget if you're a Christina Aguilera fan, but she was a guest star on Live With Me, along with Jack White (Loving Cup) + Buddy Guy (Champagne & Reefer). Scorsese filmed both shows, and I understand the movie will be similar to The Last Waltz (out in late 2007). The only thing that kinda sucked was the show got postponed from Halloween night to Wednesday the 1st... and AC got postponed from 10/27 to 11/17 at the last minute cause Mick had a cold.  :flirt:  People who traveled far were pissed... so was I, cause I have Dylan/Raconteurs tickets for 11/17 and now I have to choose between the two. :(

827432[/snapback]

Oh man, that sucks you have to make a choice between those shows...which way are you leaning? I'm not a fan of Christina's, per se, but I do think she's sexy as hell and I love her voice :wub: Someone should tell Mick about Zicam! lol

The Panny plasmas - one model in particular - has dropped so low in price that it's ridiculous. It's a 50" 720p unit that was going for around $3500 six months ago. It's down to $1800 now! It's a professional/business set, so you have to add an HDMI blade to it, but CNet reviewed it and said it was an absolute steal. I'm VERY tempted by that model.

Would your suggestion be any different if you watched EVERYTHING on your pj? Both you and Fez have pjs AND another set for more casual watching. I'm only using one.

Oh man, that sucks you have to make a choice between those shows...which way are you leaning? I'm not a fan of Christina's, per se, but I do think she's sexy as hell and I love her voice  :flirt:  Someone should tell Mick about Zicam! lol

827445[/snapback]

Mick was trying to grab her all thru the song, but she kept away... I think she really enjoyed it though, cause for once, she wasn't the biggest whore on the stage. :wub: I'm leaning towards Dylan/Raconteurs, cause the Stones won't touch the show I just saw, plus I can get a TM refund cause the date was postponed. Oh yeah, the Beacon ticket was $28 + TM charges... $46 total! :(

Would your suggestion be any different if you watched EVERYTHING on your pj? Both you and Fez have pjs AND another set for more casual watching. I'm only using one.

I really only use the Westinghouse as a PC monitor + some gaming... maybe a couple hrs a week as a TV. I would go with the pj and cut down on overall watching (quality over quantity)... plus more time for other stuff.

Mick was trying to grab her all thru the song, but she kept away... I think she really enjoyed it though, cause for once, she wasn't the biggest whore on the stage.  :wub:  I'm leaning towards Dylan/Raconteurs, cause the Stones won't touch the show I just saw, plus I can get a TM refund cause the date was postponed. Oh yeah, the Beacon ticket was $28 + TM charges... $46 total!  :(

I really only use the Westinghouse as a PC monitor + some gaming... maybe a couple hrs a week as a TV. I would go with the pj and cut down on overall watching (quality over quantity)... plus more time for other stuff.

827489[/snapback]

LOL, well she's a married woman now, isn't she? Or soon to be? I have to say that I really dig her new look....very classy....and hot :flirt: Who are the Raconteurs? Not sure I've herad of them....any good?

Okay, so two votes for the pj....I'm gonna go take a look at it tomorrow, hopefully....can't wait :)

LOL, well she's a married woman now, isn't she? Or soon to be? I have to say that I really dig her new look....very classy....and hot  :blink:  Who are the Raconteurs? Not sure I've herad of them....any good?

827608[/snapback]

Jack White's band away from the White Stripes, and I like them a lot.

Jack White's band away from the White Stripes, and I like them a lot.

827793[/snapback]

Oh okay, very cool....I've had the White Stipes on my amazon list for a while now....just haven't gotten around to checking them out. Any particular album you recommend?

what do u think of ali g

827800[/snapback]

I watched 2 episodes so far...have the DVR handling the rest :lol:

I think it's interesting how he takes a different approach with all three characters. I haven't seen enough of Bruno yet to get a feel for his approch, but while Borat is still my favorite I think his Ali G personna is pretty good. I'm diggin the Borat segments cause he's using some of the same set ups as he did in his movie, but with different people....so it's sort of like seeing a tamed-down version the flick.

So I'm definitley enjoying it so far :blink: I thought HBO was running the whole series tonight, but I guess not....looks like they're running more tomorrow night, too.

I hate to ask this, but does bruno end up actaully being funny? I'm assuming he does, but the first segment I saw was a bit disappointing. I'm not sure bruno has the same mojo as Borat.....Borat is clearly the king in my book.

SEXY TIME!

I find Bruno very hit or miss.  Sascha does do some awesome things with him though, like when he's at spring break.

827810[/snapback]

Okay, cool....I'll look forward to seeing more of him, then. I think it's amazing how much different he manages to look from one character to the next. I'd never guess that Borat was the same guy as Bruno. I also think it's great how he seems to think a few steps ahead of his victims. He tends to frame things just how he wants, then the victims start following a script w/out realizing it, and Sacha just reels them in with ease. A lot of vulgar comics just aren't really all that witty or slick.....this guy is both. He's pretty smart, and I dig that about his schtick....all three of them, lol

Okay, cool....I'll look forward to seeing more of him, then. I think it's amazing how much different he manages to look from one character to the next. I'd never guess that Borat was the same guy as Bruno.  I also think it's great how he seems to think a few steps ahead of his victims. He tends to frame things just how he wants, then the victims start following a script w/out realizing it, and Sacha just reels them in with ease. A lot of vulgar comics just aren't really all that witty or slick.....this guy is both. He's pretty smart, and I dig that about his schtick....all three of them, lol

827820[/snapback]

Yeah. He filmed them all at different times - the hair and mustache are real. His show depended on how long it took him to grow out his hair and what not.

BTW, that suit is the same one he's always worn of Borat. He's never washed it on purpose in order to have it smell of BO :blink: