One of the most disturbing songs

BoondckCL

There is a dark essence to it i think, and i think one of the reasons that there is a darker essence is because of the fact that it is a terrible story told over a light melody.

I think in this song there is some kind of clash between a good voice for telling the story, a light melody, and story that absolutely sits wrong with anyone who hears it. That's why i say it is dark. As dark as other songs? I wouldn't quite go that far, but it is definately not something like any kind of west coast upbeat, uptempo song that could be found in most kind of raps.

820771[/snapback]

Honestly, I sat here and read the whole thing, waiting to see what was going to happen at the end. I think it proves to people, particularly young kids who dont have much, that violence and being "cool" doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. He went through all that stuff just to be "accepted" and look where that got him in the end. It tells you to be who you are, and that pretending to be someone that your not will only set you backwards. He tried and tried to so sell drugs and impress his friends, which was not his real life, and he ended up not only killing but disappointing his mother, and also killing himself.

Granted I dont have the musical background to go with it, but I'd rather listen to stories like that which captivate you and have a moral than some heavy metal head banging crap. Tupac is my all time favorite, this song reminded me a lot of Tupac's story of Brenda.

Honestly, I sat here and read the whole thing, waiting to see what was going to happen at the end. I think it proves to people, particularly young kids who dont have much, that violence and being "cool" doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. He went through all that stuff just to be "accepted" and look where that got him in the end. It tells you to be who you are, and that pretending to be someone that your not will only set you backwards. He tried and tried to so sell drugs and impress his friends, which was not his real life, and he ended up not only killing but disappointing his mother, and also killing himself.

Granted I dont have the musical background to go with it, but I'd rather listen to stories like that which captivate you and have a moral than some heavy metal head banging crap. Tupac is my all time favorite, this song reminded me a lot of Tupac's story of Brenda.

820836[/snapback]

Brenda's Got A Baby

Now, i know what crowd i am preaching to and their feelings of rap, but this song is some messed up stuff.

Immortal Technique - Dance with the Devil

It was a song that i had not heard for years until last night at a party. It was one of those things where when you hear it again, you are reminded about how truly screwed up it is.

Download it, i think it will get a couple of reactions from people. You have to listen to the end of the first part with the piano in order to fully understand how screwed up it is.

(No this is not good rap, great story telling, but too messed up to be good rap).

820070[/snapback]

never heard of it. Probably don't want to hear it anyway.

Pretty intense...I like his flow.  In the version I downloaded, there was a gap after the last verse and then a new song started...both pretty good.

I also downloaded their "Lean Back remix"....uh not so good.

821655[/snapback]

His flow is pretty tight, its just such a twisted story. I hardly found anything in there that didn't rhyme or make sense. He's got some good stuff.