Willis' speed

Hurls

This post is definitely an example of idiocy in its purest form. We have the running back with the 5th most rushing yards in the league (you'd think a bright spot in an otherwise dismal few game stretch) and people actually want him cut from the team. And what truely makes this idiocy at its finest... the 2 "bad" plays being used as an example of is why he needs to go... are an 8 yard 1st down run and a 56 yard shovel pass. Brilliant!

And this... is exactly why I read posts on this board. You can't make this kinda lunacy up.

Well said.

Anyone see Chester Taylor rip a 95 yard run against Seattle? It was a thing of beauty.

How about Warrick Dunn's 90 yard run against the Giants last week? The same guy who has a solid 8 or 9 years MORE wear and tear than our beloved back.

Both RBs ran through very similar holes and managed to accelerate as they hit the open field and score. Not Willis. I suppose it was JP's fault?

(Sigh)

The play was tragic. The equivalent of missing an open net (for you Sabre fans).

I like Willis. Sure, the gimpy DB had the angle and the reachback straightarm failed but I needed him to score on that play. It reminds me of that Mcgee return that ground to a halt on the three with time running out in the half in some forgotten dead end game. Missed opportunities are becoming the emblamatic memories of this particular collection of Bills.

816323[/snapback]

Nobody said "cut."

Claim that he's overrated? You betcha.

This post is definitely an example of idiocy in its purest form.  We have the running back with the 5th most rushing yards in the league (you'd think a bright spot in an otherwise dismal few game stretch) and people actually want him cut from the team.  And what truely makes this idiocy at its finest... the 2 "bad" plays being used as an example of is why he needs to go... are an 8 yard 1st down run and a 56 yard shovel pass.  Brilliant!

And this... is exactly why I read posts on this board.  You can't make this kinda lunacy up.

816325[/snapback]

Nobody said "cut."

Claim that he's overrated?  You betcha.

816327[/snapback]

Do I really have to go back and quote all the posts that talked about how easily we could replace him or which backs we'd be better off with? Now, perhaps the words "cut him" weren'tactually written, but they were certainly implied.

Well said.

Anyone see Chester Taylor rip a 95 yard run against Seattle?  It was a thing of beauty.

How about Warrick Dunn's 90 yard run against the Giants last week?  The same guy who has a solid 8 or 9 years MORE wear and tear than our beloved back.

Both RBs ran through very similar holes and managed to accelerate as they hit the open field and score.  Not Willis.  I suppose it was JP's fault?

816326[/snapback]

Come on. I will rip on McGahee when he does dumb stuff, but him being dragged down on that flip pass play was not his fault. I dont think any RB in the league would have scored on that play. I dont know about the Dunn TD, but I did see the Taylor TD and it was a good play but the DB's came flying up the line of scrimmage and as soon as he got 10 yards past the line of scrimmage their was pretty much no on else to get him other than 1 player who almost got him at the end. McGahee's play on the other hand, the DB's stayed back (because they thought it was a pass) so he would have to outrun the DL, and the LB's (which he did) and then spring completely past 2 DB's and 2 Safeties. Thats unreasonable. The fact that he got so far was pretty interesting to me ... as I said, I dont think any RB would have scored on that.

... I actually just watched the McGahee flip play again and #26 for the Patriots is at around midfield when McGahee is just reaching OUR 45 yard line. So at this point #26 has a 5 yard lead on McGahee. Then McGahee catches up to him and #26 has the perfect angle and brings him down with #22 for the Patriots not too far behind (about 7 yards). So as I said. Other than Barry Sanders, I dont know if any RB would have scored on that play.