Greg and Dan said it best...

hootie1

You ask if the D was better with Ellison. I wonder if it is not Ellison that made the difference, but rather that Spikes return forced Crowell back to the other side, leaving both outside LB's playing positions that are newish to them. If this is so, tincture of time should help- in fact, as I said before, I think they looked better this game than against Detroit- while still clearly not being good enough!

especially when the RB walks into the end zone untouched......Until they fix the run-defense, this defense is not going anywhere...

Also, any thoughts on if the Defense is actually better if Keith Ellison is on the field.  I think he really played very well in the 1st four games when we had our

record at 2-2....May be a healtheir Ellison is much better than an injured Spikes.

815373[/snapback]

You ask if the D was better with Ellison. I wonder if it is not Ellison that made the difference, but rather that Spikes return forced Crowell back to the other side, leaving both outside LB's playing positions that are newish to them. If this is so, tincture of time should help- in fact, as I said before, I think they looked better this game than against Detroit- while still clearly not being good enough!

815396[/snapback]

I should have added that in to my argument....I think Ellison in the lineup

forced Crowell to a more natural position where he actually had some experience

and played better within this team concept....May be that is what they need to go back to.....