Coaching Staff

Dr. Trooth

Aye,aye aye. If you're the coaching staff, what do you do? Defensively, you have a huge soft spot in the middle. The only one you can really hang your hat on is Kyle Williams. Triplett's done nothing and Anderson is a decent backup, at best. TKO doesn't look like the TKO we knew. Either he's done, or, maybe not the right fit for this defense... I just don't know. Defensively it is going to be a long 9 games, because ther is just nothing you can do with what you've got.

Offensively, you've got a multitude of issues... Left tackle, a RB that can't "finish" of a run and seems to get winded rather quickly. I'm sorry, but Willis just doesn't seem to have that burst, that 2nd gear that separates a good back from star. And, then you've got a QB that seems to just be spinning his wheels.

The only alternative you've got coming out of a bye to attempt to slavage the season is to make a change at QB. If you do that though, who do you go with? Holcomb? Can he stretch a defense? Not from what I've seen. Nall? Big question mark. If the coaching staff does turn to him now, what does it mean for JP? I think he's got 2 yrs. left on his contract... can the Bills afford to eat his contract? Or, could he be a backup for the next two seasons? If he's a backup, who does he backup... Nall? If Nall is called upon to finish off the season and doesn't play any better than JP has, then what, does the coaching staff say... QB ain't the problem and they've got to bring in players to surround the QB. Or, do they say that QB's the problem. Either way, aren't they shooting themselves in the foot, because this regime brought in Nall, Fowler, and Reyes. If neither JP, Nall, or KH is not the QB for this team, then who? Ralph ain't going to like rolling the dice on a FA QB, if there's one pout there... he's been down that rodd before, and he's still got a bad taste from RJ. Draft a rookie QB (looks like a top 7 pick at this rate) in the 1st round. Brady Quinn? I've got serious doubts about this dude. He's the 35th rated QB and gets sacked an awful lot... and his head coach is Charlie Weiss. Plus, the Bills have down God awful with 1st rd. picks from Notre Dame. We all remember (and probably want to forget) the likes of Walt Patulski, Tony Hunter, and Greg Bell... all 1st rd. busts extrordinaire. So... I don't have a warm n fuzzy with Quinn. Who else is out there in the draft... Tyler Palko? I like his Pennsylvania background... as there is a long list of QBs that were pretty hardy, blue collar, and succesfull... but is he good enough to make it in the NFL?

Man, this team is really in a pickle... I noticed an awful lot of empty seats at the Ralph today... and in the 1st Qtr. Only 7 games into the season. The state of this team does not bode well for season ticket sales next year. You have an eroding fan base due to the economic climate, and now you have no marquis player to attract fans. I don't know if this regime can pull a rabbit out of of their hat, but, seems to me that they've only got one shot left for this season, and it seems like it's Nall right now. He can't possibly be worse than JP... or God forbid, could he?