To all of the brilliant minds out there

SoCal

And then Parcells took that playoff team (which got crushed in the first game of the playoffs and squeeked into the playoffs when Minnesota lost their last game) and did what?

Anyone?

Anyone?

No playoffs in 2005,

No playoffs in 2004,

So right now he is 1-2, and possibly going 1-3 considering that they are in arguably the toughest conference in football.

John Fox on the other hand is 2-3, with one SB appearance under his belt.

811026[/snapback]

What were you expecting when he took over - a repeat of the early 90's dynasty? They're going to have a winning record for the 3rd time in 4 years and it was a horrible franchise when he took over (not unlike every other team he's been with).

John Fox has done a nice job; I'm not sure what he has to do with anything. Is that supposed to be proof that inexperienced, inexpensive coaches are just as likely to succeed as proven Hall of Famers?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT IF YOU THINK YOU ARE SO GOOD AT FOOTBALL WHY DON'T YOU START OUT LIKE BILL POLAIN AS A SCOUT FOR THE TEAM AND WORK YOUR WAY TO THE TOP AND YOU CAN WIN THE SUPER BOWL EVERY YEAR. OR CAN YOU BLOCK, TACKLE, RUN, CATCH OR EVEN THROW, TRY OUT FOR A COLLEGE AND GET DRAFTED. OR IF YOU CAN COACH,  COACH. IF NOT SHUT THE BLANK UP.

Thank you for your time

810678[/snapback]

I have no problem with your assesment of the Bill's but why close out your post telling people that it's not Ok to post their opinion? If you don't like reading negative posts then you can stop reading them or make your own message board where you can delete posts from people of different opinions. Whether you're always down on the Bills or always up on the Bills can't we just accept that people will have different opinions and different things to say? Why are so many people posting things along the lines of stop being a fan if you're negative, stop posting if you're negative, etc? Personally I think the Bill's stink we are 2-4, probably 2-5 after Sunday the facts are that that is not a good record. And no I can't GM, coach or play in the NFL big deal I can read the scoresheet and when the Bills have less points that means they lose. Are you saying that I can't point out that they are not a good team unless I can coach, GM and play better myself? Of course I can.

So your telling us to shut the blank up when you aren't even watching the entire game?!!!!

Dude, shut the blank up yourself. Maybe if you were watching the whole game you'd understand some of what is being posted here. What time did you turn off the Lions game? When are you going to turn off the Patriots game? First quarter? You lost all cred with your admission of turning off the game.

811198[/snapback]

So if you do not like what you see you still keep on watching. Boy do I have some things to sell to you. And yes if it is 20-0 in the 2nd Quarter I will turn the station, just like if I shut the door on my finger I will open it. FOOTBALL IS FUN NOT THE END OF YOUR LIVES. Well most of you.

I have no problem with your assesment of the Bill's but why close out your post telling people that it's not Ok to post their opinion?  If you don't like reading negative posts then you can stop reading them or make your own message board where you can delete posts from people of different opinions.  Whether you're always down on the Bills or always up on the Bills can't we just accept that people will have different opinions and different things to say?  Why are so many people posting things along the lines of stop being a fan if you're negative, stop posting if you're negative, etc?  Personally I think the Bill's stink we are 2-4, probably 2-5 after Sunday the facts are that that is not a good record.  And no I can't GM, coach or play in the NFL big deal I can read the scoresheet and when the Bills have less points that means they lose.  Are you saying that I can't point out that they are not a good team unless I can coach, GM and play better myself?  Of course I can.

811207[/snapback]

I'm saying if you can't say something nice SHUT THE BLANK UP.

In the mid 2000's this board was awesome. But I'm like the rubbernecker at a crash. I HAVE TO LOOK AND SEE THE GORE

I'm saying if you can't say something nice SHUT THE BLANK UP.

In the mid 2000's this board was awesome. But I'm like the rubbernecker at a crash. I HAVE TO LOOK AND SEE THE GORE

811331[/snapback]

We're not all in 1st grade that aphorism of "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" really isn't applicable.

People bash RW and say we will never win a SB as long as he is the owner are not thinking very clearly or are to young to remember. RW won a championship in the mid to late 60's. He was one win away from the first SB. The 70's sucked, those teams could not beat the Fins for nothing and the Fins were the toast of the NFL back then too. The 80' start off OK with JF and JC, but my the mid 80's they SUCKED. So in the late 80's and early 90's the team was one of the best in all of football. RW spent money like it was going out of style. The BB's had one of the highest payrolls around. Then in the late 90's and up until today the BB have been OK. Some years good and some years just bad.

RW is trying to make the best possible team he can. To start and blame the new coaching staff in their first year is silly. The QB is ok, the rb's are good, the WR's are good, the TE's are ok and the OL needs help. The Defense is good with very good DB's and Safeties, LB's are some of the best in the league and an average DL. The Special Teams are the best this team has ever had.

NEP lucked out with TB on draft day, because if they thought he was any good they would have drafted him earlier. Pit and BR did not let Big Ben throw the ball at all his 1st year and his second were not that much more impressive.

So relax and enjoy the game. Football is fun. Isn't it great when the Bills beat the Fins or the Cowgirls. Water cooler smack talk and all.

BUT IF YOU THINK YOU ARE SO GOOD AT FOOTBALL WHY DON'T YOU START OUT LIKE BILL POLAIN AS A SCOUT FOR THE TEAM AND WORK YOUR WAY TO THE TOP AND YOU CAN WIN THE SUPER BOWL EVERY YEAR. OR CAN YOU BLOCK, TACKLE, RUN, CATCH OR EVEN THROW, TRY OUT FOR A COLLEGE AND GET DRAFTED. OR IF YOU CAN COACH,  COACH. IF NOT SHUT THE BLANK UP.

Thank you for your time

810678[/snapback]

You're telling a message board, a place designed for people to act as arm-chair whatevers and talk, to shutup? :lol:

We're not all in 1st grade that aphorism of "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" really isn't applicable.

811344[/snapback]

The way some of you reply you are. If someone spells something wrong you jump or if someone says they like a player they jump. Get over it. It is just football. Was I sad when the bills lost four SB's or that forward pass against the Titans. HELL YES. But all is forgotten by Monday. Stop living this and HAVE FUN.

You must be the person or persons I was talking about in the beginning. I do not want you to go and beat your wife RAIDERFAN.

You're telling a message board, a place designed for people to act as arm-chair whatevers and talk, to shutup?  :lol:

811352[/snapback]

No to be more positive. I was like most people and thought Buffalo was going to beat the Lions, but you have to remember the lions only have one less win than the Bills. The BB are average at best but I love them. Most posters are negative. Smile be happy.

No to be more positive. I was like most people and thought Buffalo was going to beat the Lions, but you have to remember the lions only have one less win than the Bills. The BB are average at best but I love them. Most posters are negative. Smile be happy.

811361[/snapback]

Heh, I don't disagree that we should all take football as entertainment (and therefore be less negative about it).

I got the feeling you just wanted everyone to not post anything negative because we aren't coaches/GMs/etc from your post.

So if you do not like what you see you still keep on watching. Boy do I have some things to sell to you. And yes if it is 20-0 in the 2nd Quarter I will turn the station, just like if I shut the door on my finger I will open it. FOOTBALL IS FUN NOT THE END OF YOUR LIVES. Well most of you.

811325[/snapback]

You have been in sun too long pal. I dont get the point you are trying to make. Are you a Bills fan or arent you. You say to relax and watch the games and then when there down you change the station. What happens when they comeback and tie it up, do you suddenly change back from some other trash you are watching to see the end. We have names for guys like you, their called DOLPHIN FANS!. Get a life boss.

Then made that same team 5-11.

Go figure. You've lost the last remaining shred of your credibility with THAT particular post.

811185[/snapback]

Dont you mean that "same" team minus Drew Bledsoe, Jonas Jennings, Ross Tucker, Travis Henry, Pierson Prioleau, Pat Williams, and Takeo Spikes (injured)? For it being the "same team" they lost 5 starters. :lol:

Im sorry bud, but you are the LAST person to be talking about credibility. What is this week? Your 250th straight week of leading the votes for "tard of the week" ?

What were you expecting when he took over - a repeat of the early 90's dynasty?  They're going to have a winning record for the 3rd time in 4 years and it was a horrible franchise when he took over (not unlike every other team he's been with).

John Fox has done a nice job; I'm not sure what he has to do with anything.  Is that supposed to be proof that inexperienced, inexpensive coaches are just as likely to succeed as proven Hall of Famers?

811199[/snapback]

The Fox thing was in reference to a post made earlier about how lower paid coaches CAN do well.

Also. Im not saying that Parcells is a bad coach. He is a great coach. The point in the original post was that he is getting paid oodles more than Fox is and Fox seems to be doing better. That was all.

The way some of you reply you are. If someone spells something wrong you jump or if someone says they like a player they jump. Get over it. It is just football. Was I sad when the bills lost four SB's or that forward pass against the Titans. HELL YES. But all is forgotten by Monday. Stop living this and HAVE FUN.

You must be the person or persons I was talking about in the beginning. I do not want you to go and beat your wife RAIDERFAN.

811353[/snapback]

Actually I never jump on anyone for misspelling a word or having a typo or saying that they like this player or dislike that player. And then you went off on a completely different topic. Are you a psychoanalyst? If so you need to go back to school, stating that you think the Bills are a bad team does not mean that you're unhappy why can't you understand this? As for the insult, you're the one calling me immature?

You have been in sun too long pal. I dont get the point you are trying to make. Are you a Bills fan or arent you. You say to relax and watch the games and then when there down you change the station. What happens when they comeback and tie it up, do you suddenly change back from some other trash you are watching to see the end. We have names for guys like you, their called DOLPHIN FANS!. Get a life boss.

811366[/snapback]

You are right I was a Fin Fan WHEN I WAS 8 AND THEY WENT 14-0. But I have repented and saw the error of my ways. What I am trying to say is find some good. Root for your team. Do not always bash them. RW, ML & JD are doing the best with what they have.

Actually I never jump on anyone for misspelling a word or having a typo or saying that they like this player or dislike that player.  And then you went off on a completely different topic.  Are you a psychoanalyst?  If so you need to go back to school, stating that you think the Bills are a bad team does not mean that you're unhappy why can't you understand this?  As for the insult, you're the one calling me immature?

811371[/snapback]

You are taking this personnelly. Slow down.

Sorry

If you have been reading this board for a while you would understand my point of view better.

811387[/snapback]

No problem it's already out of my mind, ain't no problem that can't be solved over a beer but since your in SoCal and I'm in NoCal cheers and go Bills

No problem it's already out of my mind, ain't no problem that can't be solved over a beer but since your in SoCal and I'm in NoCal cheers and go Bills

811392[/snapback]

What part, I'm south of LA and north of SD off the 15

People bash RW and say we will never win a SB as long as he is the owner are not thinking very clearly or are to young to remember. RW won a championship in the mid to late 60's. He was one win away from the first SB. The 70's sucked, those teams could not beat the Fins for nothing and the Fins were the toast of the NFL back then too. The 80' start off OK with JF and JC, but my the mid 80's they SUCKED. So in the late 80's and early 90's the team was one of the best in all of football. RW spent money like it was going out of style. The BB's had one of the highest payrolls around. Then in the late 90's and up until today the BB have been OK. Some years good and some years just bad.

RW is trying to make the best possible team he can. To start and blame the new coaching staff in their first year is silly. The QB is ok, the rb's are good, the WR's are good, the TE's are ok and the OL needs help. The Defense is good with very good DB's and Safeties, LB's are some of the best in the league and an average DL. The Special Teams are the best this team has ever had.

NEP lucked out with TB on draft day, because if they thought he was any good they would have drafted him earlier. Pit and BR did not let Big Ben throw the ball at all his 1st year and his second were not that much more impressive.

So relax and enjoy the game. Football is fun. Isn't it great when the Bills beat the Fins or the Cowgirls. Water cooler smack talk and all.

Thank you for your time

810678[/snapback]

You make some points, and I do think we need to lighten up somewhat. But I can't agree with your assessment of what areas are good and bad.

Right now if the QB is ok, then our WR's can't be good, visa versa. This isn't a good passing game right now, and JP has been afforded enough clean throws this year to not blame it entirely on the offensive line. The TE's have been flat out non existent; Buffalo's production is among the worst in the NFL at that position. The secondary is nowhere near being among the best in the league. The numbers show that. Maybe a more accurate statement would be Buffalo's secondary has the POTENTIAL to be among the best in the league. Even then NC might not be around, and TM needs to get his game together fast. The LB's are good, TKO needs to recover, London Fletcher is still a great player but will only regress at this point in his career. If the DL is average ask yourself why New England ran the Ball 35 times around 4pm on Sunday.