BCS - no mention?

bartshan-83

No talk about the latest debut of the most universally disliked ranking system in sports? Well, I'll start it off:

Link: BCS - Week 1

Top 10

Ohio St.

USC

Michigan

Auburn

WVU

Florida

Louisville

ND

Texas

Cal

I think Michigan and USC should switch (sorry Smokin...). I'm probably biased from that mark I still have from Michigan's pounding of ND in our stadium, but I stand by it. I trust the more veteran team, and they have done nothing to show that anyone not named Ohio St. is better than them.

I don't buy Auburn at 4. I think they are the #4 team in their own conference (weaker than Florida, Tennessee and maybe LSU). They had a close call vs. So Carolina and were exposed v. Arkansas. I love their win last week, but I think it was more that Florida was due for a let down.

I'd shift everyone after here down one spot and put in Tennessee. Only loss is to Florida by 1...laid 51 points on the Bulldogs AT Georgia.

I think WVU is weaker than most think, but until they lose I won't beef. I would love to see UL take them down.

Speaking of Louisville, I won't beef with them either, but I can't imagine them escaping this season unbeaten. Brohm is sick, but Bush was a big part of that team.

ND is fine where they are with Texas breathing down their neck.

Haven't seen Cal enough to make an opinion except that Tennessee beat them by 17 in Week 1.

I think Michigan and USC should switch (sorry Smokin...). 

808571[/snapback]

No problem there...(see my top 10 in the other thread.)

I don't buy Auburn at 4.  I think they are the #4 team in their own conference (weaker than Florida, Tennessee and maybe LSU).

808571[/snapback]

I agree with that. LSU (with two losses) is probably still the best team in the conference, IMO. I rank Florida the highest, however- just because I don't see any shame in losing on the road in the SEC, while Auburn failed to protect the home field and was dominated by Arkansas.

I'd shift everyone after here down one spot and put in Tennessee.  Only loss is to Florida by 1...laid 51 points on the Bulldogs AT Georgia.

808571[/snapback]

Fulmer's crew is the biggest enigma in the bunch. Beating a ranked team on the road in the SEC is always impressive, but is anybody scared of Georgia??? I have a feeling Tennessee will lose again- it's getting to be that time of year.

I think WVU is weaker than most think, but until they lose I won't beef.  I would love to see UL take them down.

Speaking of Louisville, I won't beef with them either, but I can't imagine them escaping this season unbeaten.  Brohm is sick, but Bush was a big part of that team.

808571[/snapback]

It will be those two for the Big East spot, no doubt. The winner probably goes undefeated. There's no bashing WVU's rushing offense- probably the best in the nation. But the defense will always be suspect. Shutting down Louisville would go a long way in silencing their critics.

ND is fine where they are with Texas breathing down their neck.

808571[/snapback]

You're probably right. Two one-loss teams who will certainly figure into the BCS bowls. Texas could hiccup this week at Nebraska. Notre Dame has a few scrimmages until USC in November.

Haven't seen Cal enough to make an opinion except that Tennessee beat them by 17 in Week 1.

808571[/snapback]

Keep an eye on them. They were VERY highly rated before the season, and looked to be a team on paper that could win a national title. They laid an egg in the first half against Tennessee, played well in the 2nd half, and have absolutely crushed everything in their path since then. That loss to Tenn had pretty much everyone casting them aside, but they have a real shot at winning the PAC-10. They are playing MUCH better than USC at the moment.

My only real problem with the BCS ranks? Ohio State at #3 (and USC #1) in the computer rankings. WTF is that?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.