The bears game doesn't really mean much

Wouldn't 8-8, considering the schedule, bring about false hope? If they beat the Lions , the record for the opponents they beat would be 4-11. The Teams that they lost to are 11-4.

We've all seen it before. A team goes 8-8 on a soft schedule then all offseason people are posting about the playoffs. Then they play a tough shedule? Hello 5-11.

But hey. If it helps some to get through the season. Whatever. The Bills need to beat a good team. It would be even better if they did so on the road. They have games against New England, Indy (road) , Jacksonville, San Diego and Baltimore (road). Those are the games I will measure the Bills with.  :)

802515[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it any better myself!

A good team should be able to beat another good team, and we've flunked at that (see NE and chicago). But a good team should also be able to take care of business and beat the teams it should beat (mixed results to date- see NY jets) as Chicago demonstrably did against us. No letdown there after their big win against Seattle.

So yes, the BIlls have a chance to show me something this week against Detroit. But it won't be the same something they would have shown me by competing with the Bears.

Wouldn't 8-8, considering the schedule, bring about false hope? If they beat the Lions , the record for the opponents they beat would be 4-11. The Teams that they lost to are 11-4.

We've all seen it before. A team goes 8-8 on a soft schedule then all offseason people are posting about the playoffs. Then they play a tough shedule? Hello 5-11.

But hey. If it helps some to get through the season. Whatever. The Bills need to beat a good team. It would be even better if they did so on the road. They have games against New England, Indy (road) , Jacksonville, San Diego and Baltimore (road). Those are the games I will measure the Bills with.  <_<

802515[/snapback]

But hey. If it helps some to get through the season. Whatever. The Bills need to beat a good team. It would be even better if they did so on the road. They have games against New England, Indy (road) , Jacksonville, San Diego and Baltimore (road). Those are the games I will measure the Bills with.  <_<

802515[/snapback]

dude, i just don't get your angle at all. you think the team and management sucks, and has no chance etc, and that's fine. you then take shots at people who like to see the bills win, imply things that aren't necessarily true, and then post something like ..."they need to beat NE, Indy etc". but since you think they suck from the top down, why would it matter if they did knock off a team or two in that category? and frankly, if they did beat a team or two there, in my opinion they'd still be mediocre because they have found ways to lose some games they could have won at NE, v. the Jets, etc.

you measure the bills with every post, and they come up short, so why would that change?

a couple years back, a team went 15-1 and screwed the pooch in the playoffs. they failed the test really when it mattered most. that sucks way worse for me than wanting to see a competitive game and strides being made.

It's people like you who give bills fans a bad name.

Don't you understand that there is more to this game than just facing an 0-5 team?

The Lions have played well in their last two losses. But you are stupid if you expected the bills to win on sunday and if you place any prominence on their rebuilding status. If you understand rebuilding, then you understand that u shouldn't overreact to getting your ass kicked by the best team if football at their house. It's not like we're the seattle seahawks. Football is about consistency and playing hard and improving each week. Bouncing back froma blow out loss is a big deal no matter who you play. That is what tells the character of the team.

looking past the lions and thinking about the patriots is something that unknowledgeable fans would do.

The Bears game was the test. You measure yourself against the best. You don't measure teams against also rans.

If this Sunday was against the Pats? Then yes, you could say the Bills had a chacne to prove something. On the road against a team that should be named "Bye Week"? There is nothing to prove. You don't have to play well to beat the Lions. Just wait it out and the Lions will beat themselves.

Again the standards are so low that games against an 0-5 team mean more then a game against an 4-0 team. I can not express how sad that that is. <_<

801577[/snapback]