"The Departed" , a Martin Scorcese picture

ACor58

The  ONLY thing wrong with "The Departed" was I had to keep all the teeth and brain matter from landing in my popcorn.  :lol:

806510[/snapback]

Next time you might want to find a theater in a better neighborhood. :P

my suggestion, don't bring your kids to it, I saw it and was amazed that children under the age of 5 were sitting there watching (and mostly talking and crying)  nothing ruins a movie more than a child.

806795[/snapback]

I have to agree with this. I'm one of the most tolerant, patient people out there, but DON'T BE SCREWIN WITH MY MOVIE WATCHIN!

This movie was great. Leo has returned to his great actor status after his "Titanic" phase.

However, is it just me who thinks the ending was terrible? I am all for unpredictable endings - but this one had no set-up. It seemed like Scorcese didn't know how to end it and just said - "screw it."

This movie was great. Leo has returned to his great actor status after his "Titanic" phase.

However, is it just me who thinks the ending was terrible? I am all for unpredictable endings - but this one had no set-up. It seemed like Scorcese didn't know how to end it and just said - "screw it."

807747[/snapback]

The ending is the same (virtually) as the original...though he did throw in one nice twist which I won't discuss here so not to ruin it for those who have seen the original but not the remake.

The thing I hated about the ending was the very last shot. It made me cringe. Marty, we get it.

I have to see it again before I can totally judge the movie though.

The ending is the same (virtually) as the original...though he did throw in one nice twist which I won't discuss here so not to ruin it for those who have seen the original but not the remake.

The thing I hated about the ending was the very last shot. It made me cringe. Marty, we get it.

I have to see it again before I can totally judge the movie though.

807805[/snapback]

I didn't know about the original until I read this thread - I will see it.

I didn't know about the original until I read this thread - I will see it.

807819[/snapback]

It's good, check it out. Actually I'll be interested to hear your thoughts having seen the American version first. Should be interesting. The original is called Infernal Affairs.