Let the worries begin

I for one am a bit concerned with Villarial's absence in this upcoming game.

He is obviously not the best O-lineman in the game or anything close but he has developed chemistry with the rest of the O-line. This is the best O-line I've seen in Bflo in at least 5 years, it's not because of any superstars, it's because of good chemistry.

I just hope that Preston has been working hard this week with the others and he doesn't leave any glaring holes to make the O fall apart.

Once again as every week I have guarded optimism.

Go Bills!

I would rather have CV in there...but I wanted DP to start all off-season,  I think he is ready and has a lot of potential, throw him in there...these coaches have put 6 rookies out there, and they have performed, so Im not worried about a second year guy who really should be starting anyways IMO

797620[/snapback]

I like your outlook, at least Preston isn't a rookie and has some game experience.

It's all about jelling on the lines.

Maybe it's not such a bad move, CV probably doesn't have too much time left in his career anyways.

If this team pulls off an upset I'll soil myself for the next 6 months.

Coaching, coaching, and coaching.

In the past 5+ years, whenever a seasoned veteran was either hurt, or lost to free agency, it seemed like the rookie/less experienced replacement was thrown to the wolves with opposing teams feasting on their rotting carcass. (NB: maybe with the exception of Crowell last year, but the defense still sucked with or without his contributions.) This year seems a bit different, as the current coaching staff seems to be able to acknowledge a players strengths and weaknesses, and set them up to succeed, instead of doing that square peg/round hole thing that the Mularkey/GW crowd seemed so adept at.

I still don't understand how CV was the only guy standing up after Willis dove for that touchdown.

It'd be nice to have CV in there for such a big game, but I'm fine with seeing what the kid has to offer.

I for one am a bit concerned with Villarial's absence in this upcoming game.

I take a different view of injuries in general. If a veteran player goes down for a few weeks, it usually hurts your team in the short term. But there are two long term benefits: you see what you have or don't have in your backups, and those backup players get valuable experience. In this case there's a third benefit: Villarrial needs to be replaced relatively soon anyway, and this game will help management get a feel for whether Preston is or isn't the answer.

I take a different view of injuries in general.  If a veteran player goes down for a few weeks, it usually hurts your team in the short term.  But there are two long term benefits: you see what you have or don't have in your backups, and those backup players get valuable experience.  In this case there's a third benefit: Villarrial needs to be replaced relatively soon anyway, and this game will help management get a feel for whether Preston is or isn't the answer.

I agree. Villy's getting long in the tooth and the Bills needed to replace him sooner rather than later. When sooner is now so let's see what the Duke has got.

I agree.  Villy's getting long in the tooth and the Bills needed to replace him sooner rather than later.  When sooner is now so let's see what the Duke has got.

798053[/snapback]

Let's just hope that Duke has what it takes, we don't have very much depth otherwise.