My theory

Corp000085

The official downfall of the bills began with the forward lateral. Bruce dehaven, HOF assistant coach, takes the fall on a play that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Then they hire whoever that guy was to replace dehaven. Then the ST turns to crap and wade refuses to fire him, leading to his own firing. Folks, wade phillips was a damn great coach. True, he couldn't talk, and he looked a lot like the swizzle stick, but compare wade to the clowns we've had since him. This team has been in a perpetual downward spiral since that one stupid illegal play.

If you look at a timeline though, the oilers lost to the bills in january 1993, they moved in 1995, and made it to the super bowl in january of 2000. That's a seven season span. For argument's sake, put the bills timeline next to that of the titans. Since the bills haven't moved, and they're in season 4, using the illegal lateral as a starting point, they really only have 3 more seasons of sucking before they screw some team and go to the super bowl.

The downward spiral began with that terrible terrible espn classic play, but it will end in the year 2007, with JP, mcgahee, lee evans, and ancient HOFer moulds. I just hope i don't have kids by then, so i can drink heavily and scream when we win super bowl XLII.

Guest Guest_Gobills_*

I just hope i don't have kids by then, so i can drink heavily and scream when we win super bowl XLII.

56883[/snapback]

Its time for Losman now. Bledsoe is washed up, he lost his confidence. Did you see that last "bootleg" play. He didnt look like he was running, he was dropping back to pass. I think that had hit a few years back made him gun shy. He lost it. Kelly could roll out of the pocket even with those crutches on his leg. Start Losman when he gets back.

BTW, I have kids and will drink heavily and scream when we win super bowl XLII.

:angry:

The official downfall of the bills began with the forward lateral.  Bruce dehaven, HOF assistant coach, takes the fall on a play that shouldn't have happened in the first place.  Then they hire whoever that guy was to replace dehaven.  Then the ST turns to crap and wade refuses to fire him, leading to his own firing.  Folks, wade phillips was a damn great coach.  True, he couldn't talk, and he looked a lot like the swizzle stick, but compare wade to the clowns we've had since him.  This team has been in a perpetual downward spiral since that one stupid illegal play.

If you look at a timeline though, the oilers lost to the bills in january 1993, they moved in 1995, and made it to the super bowl in january of 2000.  That's a seven season span.  For argument's sake, put the bills timeline next to that of the titans.  Since the bills haven't moved, and they're in season 4, using the illegal lateral as a starting point, they really only have 3 more seasons of sucking before they screw some team and go to the super bowl. 

The downward spiral began with that terrible terrible espn classic play, but it will end in the year 2007, with JP, mcgahee, lee evans, and ancient HOFer moulds.  I just hope i don't have kids by then, so i can drink heavily and scream when we win super bowl XLII.

56883[/snapback]

maybe its the gayesk~ new uniforms :angry:

The actual play that marked the downfall of the current Bledsoe-led Bills is 2002 vs. Kansas City. We were running the ball well, had a lead late in the game, and we were about to stick a dagger in the Chiefs with field goal. That's when Kevin Gilbride called for a long pass to Peerless Price that was intercepted. Chiefs drive and win the game 17-16. That play started the long decent into oblivion for Drew Bledsoe. That was the line of demarcation between the high-flying Bills offense of 2002, and the pathetic clown show we have now.

PTR