I made this trade last night

stinky finger

Pre-trade roster (18 man roster that must carry 2 TE, 2 K, 2 def)

Warner, Favre, Leftwich

R. Brown, B. Westbrook, C. Taylor, C. Dillon

P. Burress, K. Johnson, D. Gabriel, R. Williams

B. Watson, H. Miller

Akers, Longwell

Falcons, Cowboys, Bills

Here's the trade....

I gave...Warner, Ronnie Brown, D. Gabriel, B. Watson and my free agent pick#6

I received...R. Grossman, K. Jones, Reggie Brown, A. Gates and his free agent pick #1

I promptly took that #1 FA pick and dropped Bills Def and picked up G. Jennings

I'll break it down with you:

Rex Grosman < Warner

Why??? Because Grossman, even though he has had a great start thus far, really shouldn't be relied upon because CHI has been unable to run the ball and his other weapons aren't nearly as good as what Warner has at his disposal.

K Jones< Ronnie Brown

Why??? Because Ronnie Brown can do it all and he has a pretty easy schedule especially around playoff time. Plus he'll get the GL carries and is a weapon out of the backfield even though C-Pepp blows.

R. Brown > Gabriel

Why??? Not by that much but if Stallworth's injury lingers, he could put up huge numbers. However, Gabriel might be a dark horse becuase Brady needs someone to throw the ball to.

Gate > B. Watson

Why??? He is the greatest TE in the league, but with Rivers throwing the ball, he may not get as many opportunities as an owner would like. Watson could be a top 5

I don't think I like the trade and I think the other owner might have gotten the better of the deal, but not by that much. just my humble opinion.

I'll break it down with you:

Rex Grosman < Warner

Why???  Because Grossman, even though he has had a great start thus far, really shouldn't be relied upon because CHI has been unable to run the ball and his other weapons aren't nearly as good as what Warner has at his disposal.

K Jones< Ronnie Brown

Why??? Because Ronnie Brown can do it all and he has a pretty easy schedule especially around playoff time.  Plus he'll get the GL carries and is a weapon out of the backfield even though C-Pepp blows.

R. Brown > Gabriel

Why??? Not by that much but if Stallworth's injury lingers, he could put up huge numbers.  However, Gabriel might be a dark horse becuase Brady needs someone to throw the ball to.

Gate > B. Watson

Why??? He is the greatest TE in the league, but with Rivers throwing the ball, he may not get as many opportunities as an owner would like.  Watson could be a top 5

I don't think I like the trade and I think the other owner might have gotten the better of the deal, but not by that much.  just my humble opinion.

787824[/snapback]

I appreciate the feedback. Here's is why I made the trade. I plan on playing Grossman one week. That would be week 6 vs Arizona. Favre and Leftwich are both on bye that week. Plus, Warner is not long as the starter. Either injury or ineffectiveness will push him out. At least now I can get something of value.

It certainly appears, and I would agree, that Ronnie Brown for KJ seems a bit off kilter, but I gotta tell you, the Dolphins scare the hell outta me. AWFUL OL, horrible QB play AND a mere 90 yards and NO TDS against Tennesee?!??!! Scary to me.

Gabriel, if and when he becomes accustomed to the Pats offense, shouldn't become this "stud" WR. If Deion Branch wasn't a stud WITH Givens there, why would Gabriel be? Reggie Brown plays in an offense that passes all day long. Stallworth always has had issues with his hammies as well.

I wasn't too crazy letting Watson go for Gates. I understand the "Rivers" factor. Fact remains, Gates is the 1st option in the passing game.

Lastly, acquiring my opponents FA pick, I get Jennings. For nothing. This is my reasoning, hope I'm right.

Pre-trade roster (18 man roster that must carry 2 TE, 2 K, 2 def)

Warner, Favre, Leftwich

R. Brown, B. Westbrook, C. Taylor, C. Dillon

P. Burress, K. Johnson, D. Gabriel, R. Williams

B. Watson, H. Miller

Akers, Longwell

Falcons, Cowboys, Bills

Here's the trade....

I gave...Warner, Ronnie Brown, D. Gabriel, B. Watson and my free agent pick#6

I received...R. Grossman, K. Jones, Reggie Brown, A. Gates and his free agent pick #1

I promptly took that #1 FA pick and dropped Bills Def and picked up G. Jennings

787803[/snapback]

You gave it to that guy without any lube. Nice trade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.