JP Should Run More

jdbillsfan

The point is he wouldn't have had to "put a move" on the DE if he ran the bootleg properly - i.e. deeper into the backfield. The DE would have dived at air if this was done.

788559[/snapback]

I do agree with your original assessment--I was trying to be a little sarcasatic considering the Pennington juke against Swiss Eddie Robinson is a pretty embarassing moment for Bills fans considering Pennington is about as elusive as a street sign. :D

I love JP (he is my favorite player -seriously).

However, the bootleg was his fault. I have played and coached QB's so know a bit about fundementals. Often, the DE is left unblocked on a bootleg. The DE will bite a step or two on the fake. However, the QB has to run deeper into the backfield to prevent what happened. JP ran that too shallow, probably because he was trying to be too quick to the endzone.

That play would have worked if he ran it properly and 1-2 yards deeper

788545[/snapback]

No dude i also play quaterback, that d end had a great angle and he didnt bite on the fake at all. (if the d end did step towards the fake i would agree with u) if he goes back another yrd or 2 he just gives the d end a greater chance to pursure and a better angle. he made the right move to try and undercut him i woulda done the same thing.

It seems whenever we lose a game, automatically something needs to be changed.  Personally I like that he doesn't run so much, of course there are exceptions.  However, when or if JP learns to throw like most starting NFL quarterbacks (not a certain player who's first name starts with M and rhymes with ichael, Vick) then he should be okay to take off.

788504[/snapback]

Now now sylvan, i didn't say JP should run like Michael Vick, i think it is absolutely pivitol that JP throw more than he does run because i would not want him to become this unknown player that you speak of (Seriously, i am baffled).

I think he should mix a little bit of run into the game since it will open things up downfield and keep the defense honest, and off his ass from blitzes.

No dude i also play quaterback, that d end had a great angle and he didnt bite on the fake at all. (if the d end did step towards the fake i would agree with u) if he goes back another yrd or 2 he just gives the d end a greater chance to pursure and a better angle.  he made the right move to try and undercut him i woulda done the same thing.

788877[/snapback]

I disagree. If you play Qb you know that it is fatal to run a bootleg too shallow. I saw the clip and the end started with an inside angle and he adjusted quickly - a job made easier by JP running the bootleg too shallow.