Big Opportunity for the Bills

ans4e64

We have a big opportunity this week and up until our bye week with a tough schedule for the rest of our division. If we take advantage and beat the teams we should beat we will be sitting pretty. Here's how the schedule goes this week.

Week 4:

Jets vs Indy - This is a loss for the jets in my book, we could move up with them.

NE vs Cincy - Tough game for NE, they dont look as strong this year and lets hope Cincy can pull it out

Miami vs Houston - I think Miami wins this game, but with the way they've been looking you never know.

This week is important since there is more than a good chance that at least 2 teams in our division will lose, we have to captialize vs Minnesota. Im not scared of Chester Taylor and Brad Johnson, but then again i wasnt scared of Chad and Kevin Barlow either.

The next few weeks look like this:

Week 5:

Miami vs NE - these teams can beat each other up, another guaranteed loss for someone in our division.

Jets vs Jacksonville - The jags look like one of the stronger teams in the AFC and will probably be another loss for the jets in our division.

Another week with probably 2 losses within our division.

Week 6:

Miami vs Jets - once again they can beat each other up, and its a guaranteed loss

Pats bye.

Week 7 we play the Patriots with a huge opportunity to sit at the top of the east. I hope we can capitalize with our favorable schedule and make a push to win the division. GO BILLS!!!!!

you should be scared of brad johnson. unless we can get pressure on him, he's a carbon copy of pennington, except johnson can throw down the field.  expect to be dinked and dunked all day long.

786233[/snapback]

Im sorry but im just not, he has Troy Williamson as his main target, and if we cant cover him then we dont deserve to win. The screens are the only thing that offense does consistantly so thats what we have to stop, Chester Taylor receiving out of the backfield.

Minnesposta is a good team, but not a reincarnation of the Purple People Eaters. 3-0 and going on the road to a hostile stadium against a team that should be aching to erase the memories of the Jets debacle.

If the Bills are going to be anything this year, I expect to see it in this game. The loss to the Jets was a major disappointment since it was a game they pulled defeat out of the hands of victory. So, under Levy/Jauron I expect the team to re-find their heart, their heads and smack the Vikings around. I accept another non-playoff year... most probably. I do expect a team that never quits, never surrenders and plays hard enough to having me billeve they can win any game.

Even if Brad Johnson is a carbon copy of Pennington, that should not be anything to be afraid of. The Jets offense didn't exactly "whup up" on the Bills. The bigger questions is -How good is the Vikings defense? If they are not better than the Jets AND we can eliminate (or reduce by at least half) the turnovers, and get a little better on 3rd/4th down percentage, we win.

I think we get our act a little more together and are 2-2 next week.

Go Bills!

Even if Brad Johnson is a carbon copy of Pennington, that should not be anything to be afraid of.  The Jets offense didn't exactly "whup up" on the Bills.  The bigger questions is  -How good is the Vikings defense?  If they are not better than the Jets AND we can eliminate (or reduce by at least half) the turnovers, and get a little better on 3rd/4th down percentage, we win.

I think we get our act a little more together and are 2-2 next week.

Go Bills!

786808[/snapback]

The Viking defense is better than the Jets and I don't think it's particularly close.

The Viking defense is better than the Jets and I don't think it's particularly close.

786812[/snapback]

The Bills controlled their own destiny yesterday and blew it with gimmick/cute calls, bad tackling, missed blocking assignments, and carelessness with the football. If their mental game is in order, they are capable of beating the Vikes. That's Jauron's task.

The Bills controlled their own destiny yesterday and blew it with gimmick/cute calls, bad tackling, missed blocking assignments, and carelessness with the football.  If their mental game is in order, they are capable of beating the Vikes.  That's Jauron's task.

786814[/snapback]

Well, some people think blocking and tackling are strong indicators of how good a football team is :D

Of course they're capable of winning; the spread is pick 'em for crying out loud.

Well, some people think blocking and tackling are strong indicators of how good a football team is :D

Of course they're capable of winning; the spread is pick 'em for crying out loud.

786821[/snapback]

I'm not sure the spread is really any indicator of who is going to win. It's what a lot of people think, and what a lot of people think means next to nothing, which is proven more and more every day.

I think the mistakes in blocking and tackling are correctable. They were better in the first two games than they were this past one. And it's not like the Jets define elusiveness. The Bills just didn't bring their A-game to this one.